• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ClientCo just sent round an email. Anyone with close contact with people from Italy in last week told to self-isolate.

Chap at next desk has child just back from Italy ski trip. He has just been sent home for 2 weeks.
    Though someone came from Milan office last week. So really we should all go home.....

Comment

Though someone came from Milan office last week. So really we should all go home.....
      Absolutely. It's the right thing to do. Boris said so

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Not sunny

Just remembered Freeview changed its channels around in this region last night (part of the preparation for the 5G rollout, so I understand) so I’ve set the telly rescanning. Wonder which channels I won’t be able to get because of the incorrect filters on the external aerial after this?

The Australian Customs & Immigration Show still seems to work at any rate
        DrS quickly checks the Freeview thingy to see if it's change around here: it hasn't.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 83%.

Score was down to 77% at one stage.

Still trying to read "A Bright Shining Lie" but I can only manage about 4 or 5 pages at a time before it sends me to sleep.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rain has stopped. Still overcast.

Comment

The car started, but with a bit of a struggle; the cold nights over the last couple of weeks are clearly pushing the battery over the cliff

Anyway, a run down the M69 to the A5 and back has staved off the inevitable for another few days.

And after that, shopping for assorted bits was also accomplished, leaving me time to focus on important stuff like meat and beer when I go again on Friday

Won't cleaning stuff be sold out?
            Leicester, it seems, is not as prone to panic buying as the Home Counties

Shelves were as fully stocked as one expects them to be at that time of day in all areas of the store I passed through. I think maybe they’d given extra shelf space to bleach as there seemed to be an awful lot of it, one or two bottles of which had gone since the shelves were last restocked. Toilet paper, which people have apparently been panic buying, was there aplenty. I didn’t examine the hand cleansing stuff shelves very closely as I was wondering whether to get some jam doughnuts, but there didn’t seem to be a crowd clustered round that area or anything.

I got a coffee & walnut cake in the end, as I had a voucher for bonus points on that which expired tomorrow

Comment

It’s rained fairly steadily for the whole afternoon, by the way

Comment

20k Jackpot on Tipping Point
                Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The car started, but with a bit of a struggle; the cold nights over the last couple of weeks are clearly pushing the battery over the cliff

Anyway, a run down the M69 to the A5 and back has staved off the inevitable for another few days.

And after that, shopping for assorted bits was also accomplished, leaving me time to focus on important stuff like meat and beer when I go again on Friday

Leicester, it seems, is not as prone to panic buying as the Home Counties

Shelves were as fully stocked as one expects them to be at that time of day in all areas of the store I passed through. I think maybe they’d given extra shelf space to bleach as there seemed to be an awful lot of it, one or two bottles of which had gone since the shelves were last restocked. Toilet paper, which people have apparently been panic buying, was there aplenty. I didn’t examine the hand cleansing stuff shelves very closely as I was wondering whether to get some jam doughnuts, but there didn’t seem to be a crowd clustered round that area or anything.

I got a coffee & walnut cake in the end, as I had a voucher for bonus points on that which expired tomorrow
                  I make a very nice coffee and walnut cake, even if I do say so myself

Comment

Raining again

Comment

Tesco £3 meal deal plus a family-sized trifle reduced to £1.40. Stuffed for under a fiver.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X