test please delete test please delete - Page 33227
Page 33227 of 33495 FirstFirst ... 32227327273312733177332173322533226332273322833229332373327733327 ... LastLast
Posts 332,261 to 332,270 of 334950

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

The Dog (tw) has been walked. It's murky out, in fact at one point on our walk we even had a little bit of precipitation.

Weather due to improve over the next couple of hours until it turns into a proper scorcher of a weekend.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Very grey out; the sun has currently found a very tiny patch of thinner cloud to peer through, but that won't last as there aren't many of them

Already at 19°C though, and predicted to reach 26° by late afternoon

75th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing today. This means it's also the 25th anniversary of my eldest niece's christening. Not sure it was deliberately planned for the 50th anniversary, I think that was just the only date when they could book the village church and everybody could travel down for the occasion, it being on a Sunday that year

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    75th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing today. This means it's also the 25th anniversary of my eldest niece's christening. Not sure it was deliberately planned for the 50th anniversary, I think that was just the only date when they could book the village church and everybody could travel down for the occasion, it being on a Sunday that year
    Watched the film Radioactive last night where they were interspersing Madam Curie's research with the positive & negative uses of it, Enola Gay featured. As if a Polish female scientist winning 2 nobel prizes, having a scandalous relationship with her lab partner, revolutionising battlefield medicine and creating a partial cure for cancer wasn't exciting enough.

Not a bad film.

Pity people don't recognise the bombing of Hiroshima as the end of world war because of MAD (at least for a bit).
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Haircut Day today too!

My hair looks rather like a mushroom cloud at the moment, not yet having enough length to make it hang down rather than curling outwards in wild waves of grey

As the walk to the barber's and back might not be enough to close the green ring, I just went for a brisk walk up the road. Turns out the pavements are a lot less busy at this time of day than in the afternoon. I suspect people who got used to the benefits of a good lie-in during lockdown haven't yet returned to what passed for normal habits in the Before Times

Happy Hiroshima Day.

As someone or other remarked on some programme or other yesterday, the damn thing was made & it was going to be tested.

In addition it was a message to Uncle Joe regarding what might well happen if the Soviet Army attempted to continue its journey west any further than it had reached by VE day.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Happy Hiroshima Day.

As someone or other remarked on some programme or other yesterday, the damn thing was made & it was going to be tested.

In addition it was a message to Uncle Joe regarding what might well happen if the Soviet Army attempted to continue its journey west any further than it had reached by VE day.

Oppenheimer deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. He saved Millions. It would be fitting as well considering who Alfred Nobel was.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Walk walked.

Very humid out there, almost drizzle.

Thought I'd got a bit warm due to the glasses steaming up as I walked, the shirt was rather wet when I got home & took it off.

What's this 'ere Right ear still problematic.

Lunch: Heinz leak & potato soup (Morrisons, reduced) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (end of loaf), blackcurrant jam sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Very nice

Apparently it's going to be baking hot tomorrow, so I'm considering doing the shopping after my haircut.

I am shorn!

(It's only just occurred to me, that must be why the sheep is called Sean.)

I walked up there, so naturally some completely unforecast rain arrived while I was in there and I had to walk back through occasional light drizzle

And the sound of the wind whistling past my ears was quite noticeable, as I haven't been able to hear that for a while