• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 19.2 deg.

1019 mBar.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM.

Smalls in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Today's walk progressed as far as the back door, whereupon I discovered it was raining, so I came back in again.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Sun came out & it stayed dry.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons into the WM, whereupon I found a concealed t shirt.

Shirts out of the TD and duly roughly ironed.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2020, 12:05.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just had a sudden, sinking, realisation that I may have parked in a pay and display bay around the corner and there's a chance I've accumulated a week's worth of parking tickets.

Need to take a walk to check.

But I've just made a cup of coffee...
      Last edited by ladymuck; 4 September 2020, 09:45.

Comment

Morning denizens

There's been patchy cloud outside, but they're starting to join together now and it will apparently be cloudy for the rest of the day, and no warmer than the current 16°C

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

The car is fine, phew! I was parked opposite the P&D bays, not in one of them.

In other news, it's a lovely morning out there. The cloud has given way to blue sky and bits of fluff. Nice temperature with a light breeze.

Comment

Morning.

I woke up early and it was grey.

Then the sun came out.

All's good..
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So the road digger uppers have done their thing on the opposite side of the street and now they're doing the same on my side. As my office is effectively under the pavement, it feels like they are digging right into my flat!

G.Networks, or some such, laying fibre for broadband. May have to look them up and see what benefit I could get from all this racket.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  So the road digger uppers have done their thing on the opposite side of the street and now they're doing the same on my side. As my office is effectively under the pavement, it feels like they are digging right into my flat!

G.Networks, or some such, laying fibre for broadband. May have to look them up and see what benefit I could get from all this racket.
                  G.Network - 100% Full Fibre Broadband - Prices from GBP22pm

Fill in the form now and they may be able to install it without digging up the road a second time.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (non leathery) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Printed out a couple of "target" pictures for my little rifle range in the garage.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      G.Network - 100% Full Fibre Broadband - Prices from GBP22pm

Fill in the form now and they may be able to install it without digging up the road a second time.
                      Ah that website looks familiar. I think I've had dealings with them before. I filled in the interest form once and they hounded me for weeks to provide details of who runs the building (which is findable with a 30 second google search) so I told them to sod off .

Essentially, by filling in the interest form, they expect you to then do all the leg work to get them into the building. Being a mere tenant, I have no such power.

Comment

Working...
                      X