• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, a ~35MB XML file containing eight different types of records, something in the region of 50,000 of them in total (that's just a guesstimate, as I'm only parsing half of the types at this point), takes about four minutes to parse on my MBA. That's in Python with lxml, and I'm stuffing them into a PostgreSQL DB via Django's ORM. Not that bad, really, all things considered

Comment

More to the point, it all works, so I'm knocking off

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning All,

Sun has just poked over the clounds in sunny Manchesto

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all.

And wot a morning it is too.

Comment

Time for the school run, gonna miss the yummy mummies when ClientCo finally gets its arse in gear and gives me a start date, although they (the YM) are starting to wrap up as the weather turns so timing could be prefect
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  So, a ~35MB XML file containing eight different types of records, something in the region of 50,000 of them in total (that's just a guesstimate, as I'm only parsing half of the types at this point), takes about four minutes to parse on my MBA. That's in Python with lxml, and I'm stuffing them into a PostgreSQL DB via Django's ORM. Not that bad, really, all things considered
                  I'm pretending I know what all that means.

There's no 6502 assembler involved though?

Comment

On the way in, whilst Zeity was wrapped up in two jackets (in a futile attempt to keep his shirt dry), he noted the presence of the irritating twat with the pad & the giant earphones bopping away to himself.

Said twat was in a short sleeved shirt, plus trousers.

Not really dressed for the weather.

Hope the pad thing doesn't short out & electrocute him.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Hope the pad thing doesn't short out & electrocute him.
                      Big fibber....

on another note why is it I cannot just say the word hipster without following it with the word tw@

maybe I need to see a doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X