• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 miles with the CTC. I am seriously unfit.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Penrhyn castle is great fun. Have a good day...
      It was superb there! Especially the railway museum!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Cloudy, but with blue bits

A very happy Summer Solstice to you all!
      I am surprised you were in CUK this early? I thought you might still be at Stonehenge being beaten up by the police!

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I suspect that feeling sad is normal when there's lots of tulip happening in your life. It's when everything's ticking along nicely and you still feel crap that it's time to worry. Or when the tulip seems never ending...

Exercise is supposed to be good for depression, but I think you've probably tried that one...
      Its a very good point. Since my big event I have been so stiff I have hardly exercised. Last week I was in Glasgow and now in North Wales so not done much for a few days. Tomorrow morning I get the 06:@36 to London. Then I cycle home. Tuesday onwards I will cycle to/from work - and I will try to swim every morning too. But the event was so enormous, and I am so old, its going to be a while.

Summary is I think you are right. I need more exercise.

Comment

In other good news, I have pointed out to Mrs BP that secondary schools in North Wales are rubbish - except for the Welsh speaking ones! So we are looking at moving her and baby bp to Bexhill-on-sea. Which means I can go home EVERY weekend!

Only delaying issue is that she wants to nurse her step-father before leaving Wales. But baby bp is finishing year 2 now so we have to move in 3 years tops.

I saw her step-father today. He has had scan and MRI. Waiting for consultant appointment to get his outlook. He is 85 with bowel cancer. But he is one of these types who will last for years! His parents died in their fifties. His diet is awful. Mrs BP's mother nagged him like hell! He should have died years ago! But good on him for showing determination! A real inspiration.

Comment

I messed up my parking today. Mrs BP accused me of "Lady Parking".

I have severely beaten her for her misogyny...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            In other good news, I have pointed out to Mrs BP that secondary schools in North Wales are rubbish - except for the Welsh speaking ones! So we are looking at moving her and baby bp to Bexhill-on-sea. Which means I can go home EVERY weekend!

Only delaying issue is that she wants to nurse her step-father before leaving Wales. But baby bp is finishing year 2 now so we have to move in 3 years tops.

I saw her step-father today. He has had scan and MRI. Waiting for consultant appointment to get his outlook. He is 85 with bowel cancer. But he is one of these types who will last for years! His parents died in their fifties. His diet is awful. Mrs BP's mother nagged him like hell! He should have died years ago! But good on him for showing determination! A real inspiration.
            Come north. East Coast mainline makes London easy and you would be a shoe-in for the best local secondary school being Catholic...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just discovered there's a performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream in the ruins of Bradgate House (Lady Jane Grey's family's gaff in Tudor times) this evening. It sounds like a really good idea, but of course it's sold out now

I suppose this is my punishment for not reading the local paper every evening like a real Leicester person

Comment

Said ruins, or parts thereof:

Satellite view: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.68.../data=!3m1!1e3

Comment

Looks like Norrahe won another BBQ competition!

Comment

Well...Savill Gardens was quite pleasant...
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Come north. East Coast mainline makes London easy and you would be a shoe-in for the best local secondary school being Catholic...
                      Any ideas for towns please?

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                      Well...Savill Gardens was quite pleasant...
                      The one in Berkshire?

Comment

Working...
                      X