• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That worked out well - went shopping, got home, brought the bags in, and then it started raining
    Utterly soaked. Hugging the pub radiator. Bah..

Comment

Epic fail for NYE dinner, planned to BBQ, but said BBQ was a tad fuzzy and 'orrible as the weather has been warm and mild of late and it's one of those ceramic jobbies. Currently running it at high temp to get rid of the mould

@Pondy - you might want to check yours if you haven't been using it as you might have the same problem.

Cooked the steak in the rendered down beef dripping in a pan instead. Not bad.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Chicken casserole is now simmering in the Remoska

Comment

Been sofa shopping. Didn't actually buy a sofa, have shortlist of 3. Problem is selecting the colour...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Been sofa shopping. Didn't actually buy a sofa, have shortlist of 3. Problem is selecting the colour...
            You are AtW and I claim my five squirrels

Comment

Just been out to the shop across the road. Not going out there again tonight. Heavy rain, blowing a gale, saw one of the shops metal crate things full of rubbish hurtling down the road doing about 20 mph

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2016, 21:33.

Comment

Pretty horrible here too. Trying to source some dinner - hadn't bargained on the chipper being shut.

Comment

Seems to have calmed down a bit here. Will be off out to the pub in a bit so hopefully will hold off a bit longer.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The rain's done here for tonight, according to the forecast and the radar.

The fence out where I park the cars has been blown over again. Last time it went was a few years ago, at the end where I park; it ended up leaning over at a sharp angle, resting against the boot of the Orion, though it only leaned a further couple of inches when I moved the car.

This time it's gone at the other end, and is now resting against a small car that's been parked there for several weeks without moving. It's unclear whether it'll collapse completely if the car moves. I'll try shoving it back up and the other way so it's resting against the largish buddleia tree on the other side, pending repairs by whoever is in charge of the bit of land it belongs to.

Comment

Working...
                      X