• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    deep and abiding joy.

The moving monkeys are in here next week not the week after.

I can feel "off sick through stress" coming on as I type.
    you hired team Nick Fitz?

Blimey hope you manage to get it all done. Can you get some help?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The drain work in the doctor's back yard continues.

Yesterday, drain covers were lifted, and a small trench dug in concrete to a point adjacent to an outhouse at the rear of the building.

Today, the two blokes are occasionally moving back and forth to their van, not obviously carrying anything and walking very slowly, or standing looking down at things and having long but not particularly animated discussions about them.

There's very little, if any, sound or motion indicative of actual work being performed
      No blokes, and no activity of any kind down there today. Well, the small black cat that lives hereabouts is stretched out having a bask near the trench, but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        you hired team Nick Fitz?

Blimey hope you manage to get it all done. Can you get some help?
        Unlike the previous twice, this time all I do is stick labels on stuff & the monkeys get the fun of dropping off the back of a truck.

Any of it still working at the other end will be a miracle.

Oik this morning had the bright idea of taking each little plastic drawer thingie off the wall, placing it in a plastic bag, then putting said bag in the box.

There's about 450 of these things & it'll take forever.

https://www.filplastic.co.uk/collections/parts-bins

But there you go.

Then you unscrew the steel backplate off the battens & presumably put those (all 16) in a crate, & off we'll go.

https://www.filplastic.co.uk/product...00mm-landscape

I'm quite willing to be impressed, but I'm not overly hopeful.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 July 2018, 14:37.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No blokes, and no activity of any kind down there today. Well, the small black cat that lives hereabouts is stretched out having a bask near the trench, but that's all.
          Must be the same lot that are doing the building work for the Strangelove nephew & wife.

Said lot ain't been seen for a fortnight.

Maybe your lot are looking for another dead king or sommat.

Comment

Must be the same lot that are doing the building work for the Strangelove nephew & wife.

Said lot ain't been seen for a fortnight.

Maybe your lot are looking for another dead king or sommat.
            They're not doing a very good job of it - the trench is only about six inches wide, and they keep parking their van on the bit with the king in

Comment

Unlike the previous twice, this time all I do is stick labels on stuff & the monkeys get the fun of dropping off the back of a truck.

Any of it still working at the other end will be a miracle.

Oik this morning had the bright idea of taking each little plastic drawer thingie off the wall, placing it in a plastic bag, then putting said bag in the box.

There's about 450 of these things & it'll take forever.

But there you go.

Then you unscrew the steel backplate off the battens & presumably put those (all 16) in a crate, & off we'll go.

I'm quite willing to be impressed, but I'm not overly hopeful.
              You sit there tapping the brown paper & duct tape that you normally wrap the drawer sets in? Kids today!

Comment

They're not doing a very good job of it - the trench is only about six inches wide, and they keep parking their van on the bit with the king in
                I did the patio (see what being at home made me do) and was surprised to find the extension's rainwater runoff went straight to the sewer(-ish apparently tesco carrier bags are a suitable connection scheme for sewers mad). Spent hours digging channels to the soakaway.

Thankfully I din't find any ex wives / husbands though.

Comment

You sit there tapping the brown paper & duct tape that you normally wrap the drawer sets in? Kids today!
                  The technique I used last time is to slot the parts bins (which apparently is what the little drawers are called) together vertically 4 or high, then put them in a suitable box (probably a banker's box) until it's almost full, then pad the empty space left with whatever comes to hand.

Stops stuff moving about and falling out of one drawer into the one below etc.

No brown paper or duct tape required, other than holding the lid of the box in place.

But then, wtf do I know? I've only done this twice before.

Comment

I did the patio (see what being at home made me do) and was surprised to find the extension's rainwater runoff went straight to the sewer(-ish apparently tesco carrier bags are a suitable connection scheme for sewers mad). Spent hours digging channels to the soakaway.

Thankfully I din't find any ex wives / husbands though.
                    Wait, what? Carrier bags?! Bodge central from some previous occupant?

Comment

Now WFH looking after covtoddler who was sent home from nursery with a temperature. A couple of hours on the sofa and some Calpol and he seems to have perked right up.

Comment

Working...
                      X