• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Goddamn.

The 16:29 train has a fault on it.

This makes I pissed off.
    It was ok as it happened.

So much for that.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      It was ok as it happened.

So much for that.
      There must have been a fault with the fault

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        There must have been a fault with the fault
        It was a Hirohito's Revenge type train, so who knows?

The seats on which closely resemble the planks of wood we so greatly miss from the 3rd Class carriages of yore.

The wireless hasn't gone <click> yet.

I must be feeling mellow.

The new owners of next door were here this evening, inspecting their crumbling pile.

I managed not to offer to take them out for a meal & got rid of some apples which is a definite plus at the moment.

I didn't offer any hot beverages either, being focussed on getting my tea on.

Speaking of which, tea was M&S breaded haddock, followed by custard with added stewed blackberries.

Yum.

The washing machine said !Hygiene! at me when I went in the laundry room.

Turns out it wants a 60 deg C wash cycle to kill the bugs.

https://moneyweek.com/394050/3-june-...ds-in-britain/
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 17:49.

Comment

cold flan and coleslaw for dinner. 29C here, so no way i'm producing any extra heat!

<phew, it's feckin hot, of sarf herts>

<almost literally>

Comment

And that's "Low Winter Sun" done & dusted.

A prime example of how to stretch a 2 episode C4 production to 10 eps on Septic cable.

It was ok ish.

Sort of rounded things off.

I can see why it never got S2.

Comment

Scouse again for tea; quite a lot of it, as I couldn't be bothered packaging it up to freeze it

Comment

Found a cassette that one of the recorders had mangled a bit, and lo! it had a season finale of "The Dome" which I didn't watched, followed by an ep of "Weapons that changed the world" about pistols from the wheel lock all the way to the M1911 and a 9mm Beretta.

Looks like the 45ACP is a better stopper than the 9mm.

After than there was another ep about the 1870(?) trapdoor rifle, the 1903 30-06, the M1 Garand and the L115a3 sniper rifle.

All good clean fun.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Comment

Tonight's cinema extravaganza moved on from both the 1980s and the Western hemisphere to The Villainess (2017), a Korean thriller in which Ok-bin Kim plays a Chinese-Korean assassin out to avenge the death of her father. What a kick-ass film! Minor spoiler alert: there's an excellent sword fight between the protagonist and multiple enemies, on motorbikes, at speed, in a road tunnel; and that's one of the early bits

It's mildly confusing at times because there's lots of flashbacks revealing characters' motivations, usually in the form of said character inflicting grievous bodily harm on a bunch of people in the present while recollecting doing so to other, or maybe even some of the same, people in the past; and it's in Korean. But it all works pretty well, making for a coherent story amidst frequent bouts of absolute mayhem. I liked it

After that, back to the decadent West with True Story (2015) which is, fittingly, based on the true story of a successful journalist getting sacked from the New York Times for, shall we say, embellishing a story, then being contacted by a criminal who had assumed his identity while on the run. No motorcycle-and-sword stunts in this one, but it's an interesting tale.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, somebody's knocking on the front door. I hope they're not expecting me to go down and answer it, because that is not going to happen

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.

I wonder who was knocking on NF's front door last night.

Maybe we'll never know.

Grey here with hints of sun.

It's almost time for the Saturday morning 2nd hand dvd shop, with the bread & milk as a sort of afterthought.

If I'm quick I can be down in Morrisons before 10 and enjoy their special Aspergers hour before the lights go up & the music starts.

It's very calming, but not a good enough reason for getting up early on a Saturday morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, sort of high up in layers rather than big and fluffy. Not too hot yet, at least by current standards

Comment

Working...
                      X