• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just remembered that on the way to the hospital, I passed a house a few streets away that had an undertaker's procession parked outside, with what I assume were the relatives of the deceased dithering about, probably working out who was going in which car.

Then, as I went past, I realised that there were two hearses

Both the coffins seemed adult-sized. Aftermath of a car crash, maybe?
    A quick search through the death notices on the local rag's website reveals a woman who died aged 79 late last month, and her husband aged 81 who died a couple of weeks later. So it may well have been them, though there were also two people killed in a car crash a week ago on the A46 near the Pukka Pie factory, about whom I haven't seen any further details published.

Comment

I thought the "beef" in that last Pukka pie tasted a bit long piggy.

Having come in after decimating some more brambles, I now cannot stop sneezing.

All I need now is to sneeze the new filling out so it has to be done again.

Tea was lentil <pfffft> soup, including one portion of that fecking horrible batch I made a month ago, with a portion of the batch from last week, and a portion from the batch a fortnight ago.

I'll be glad when it's all gone.

Followed by some custard with newly stewed apple from this afternoon.

Having run out of bol for the spag, I made a batch of that too, only to discover that, in a fit of idiocy, I'd thrown the plastic microwavable trays away.

So that's going to make freezing it a bit fecking tricky.

Ho very hum.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 August 2018, 17:52.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

So that's going to make freezing it a bit fecking tricky.

Ho very hum.
        freezer bags filled with the bag in a mug or bowl. Tie off and you are good.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          freezer bags filled with the bag in a mug or bowl. Tie off and you are good.
          I half filled some plastic coleslaw tubs.

I won't be able to thaw them in the freezer but they'll do for now.

Said freezer is becoming emptier as time goes by.

Though I keep finding layers of gooseberries from 2011.

Must have been a good year for gooseberries in 2011.

Last year was crap and this year was little better.

Maybe the bushes need replacing though they've only been there 90 years or so.

Comment

Popped up to the Amazon Locker and, on the way back, noticed that the cob shop is no longer called The Cob Shop

They now style themselves as a "deli". It's clearly still just a very small café and cob shop, though

And a small skip has appeared on the pavement in front of the closed-down pizza place (very wide pavements over that side, and the inner parts thereof belong to the shops), where some kind of works appear to be getting under way. So that'll provide a source of light in my direct view as I enter the living room, once the leaves have fallen. It looks very dark and bleak over there without a takeaway food shop in operation

And speaking of leaves, I spotted the first two or three starting to turn the other day. I can already see some light from the flats above the shops, indicating that the leaves are starting to shrivel a bit, but now the colours will come in over the next week or two.

Comment

Dinner has been the last of the chicken cacciatore out of the freezer, with a bunch of those cajun potato wedges I made and froze the other week and petits pois. Delicious, it was

I suppose I'd better put the recycling bin out soon.

Comment

I noticed the leaves turning on the horse chestnut tree in the park this afternoon.

It seems remarkably early for that to happen.

This evening's entertainment, if such it may be called, was "Star Trek: Into Darkness" of which I have a Bluray (which I watched coz it was easy to access) and, naturally enough, a dvd (which isn't, being towards the bottom of a pile).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

It was ok, plainly a ripoff of "The Wrath of Khan" with a bit of "The Search for Spock" at the end.

Nice to see Mr Nimoy again in a very short cameo.

But 7.7?

You must be joking.

And it was long.

In the way that books became looooong when they invented word processors.

I've avoided watching said film for years, but I thought I'd give it a go.

I won't be bothering with the latest one, whatever that's called, until it's 50p in a charity emporium.

Comment

Tonight I turned once again to the cinema of Korea for Oldeuboi (2003), or Oldboy in English, not to be confused with the Hollywood remake starring Josh Brolin. It's the story of a man who is kidnapped and held captive for fifteen years, then released and given a few days to find out who did it, and why. Although there's a lot of violence it doesn't have as much over-the-top fighting as The Villainess from the other week, being as much a psychological thriller as an action film in some ways, but it's very good.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

16.4 in here today, with 11.6 in the laundry room.

Sunny.

Dry.

CBS from what I can see from here.

Cottons on at 75 deg.

Sheets in the other one at whatever that gets up to.

And it's the day to put the linepost back up.

At last.

The sky box came back for a while yesterday but it's tits up cardwise now.

In with the hoi polloi.

And now I know how to get the access card for the new building.

Finally they've put an email out to inform the troops.

Bunch of feckwhits.

Donkeys led by the curly haired c**t from Carmarthen.

Twas ever thus.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2018, 08:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X