• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up, got to dash

Comment

I have a laptop! Still no user ID though
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch has been a jacket spud with cheese and beans.

The most productive thing I’ve done for so far today is arrange the docking station and cables for the laptop.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Back from town, where it was agreed that no changes need to be made to the configuration of the hearing aids at this time

And I realised that an easy way to avoid the beggars on East Gates when heading back to the Shopping Centre from Hell's car park is to nip into the entrance to Waterstones on Church Gate and look at books instead

This also stops me detouring to Walker's Pie Shop on Cheapside, which I would almost inevitably have done despite having stuff for lunch here at home

Comment

As is traditional when work starts to wind down:

<--

19 more working days here.

Comment

As is only to be expected, the network got its knickers in a twist and started playing up.

I could logon as a guest but only if I clicked on an email it would send me.

Which I could only click on if the box connected to the net.

Fine design that.

It sorted itself out eventually.

Forgot earlier, but it was dry in Neath & raining in Swansea this morning, fortunately barely a drizzle since the prospect of walking all that way in a proper rain isn't inspiring.

I think I'd better buy a sowester and some full length waterproofs.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just popped down to M&S to collect my new quilt and bedding

The system that was supposed to email me to say it was ready for collection didn't. The website denied all knowledge of the order under my account, even when given the full order number. In the end, I was able to see it on the M&S phone app, showing as ready for collection; so down I popped.

They seemed to take several minutes ditzing about in the clearly very small back room when they went to bring it all out for me. And lo! while I was there, the email and text message saying it was ready for collection arrived!

So I strongly suspect they either hadn't bothered scanning it in, or more likely had forgotten some part of the process; they could see the order on their handheld thing, but must have never carried out some final step that caused its arrival to be trumpeted to the world, then did it in a hurry while I waited

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just popped down to M&S to collect my new quilt and bedding

The system that was supposed to email me to say it was ready for collection didn't. The website denied all knowledge of the order under my account, even when given the full order number. In the end, I was able to see it on the M&S phone app, showing as ready for collection; so down I popped.

They seemed to take several minutes ditzing about in the clearly very small back room when they went to bring it all out for me. And lo! while I was there, the email and text message saying it was ready for collection arrived!

So I strongly suspect they either hadn't bothered scanning it in, or more likely had forgotten some part of the process; they could see the order on their handheld thing, but must have never carried out some final step that caused its arrival to be trumpeted to the world, then did it in a hurry while I waited
                  Thank <deity> you didn't go to John Lewis the bill would pop up 6 years later
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sporadic rain has arrived

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      This also stops me detouring to Walker's Pie Shop on Cheapside, which I would almost inevitably have done despite having stuff for lunch here at home
                      Said stuff was consumed before the popping to M&S: Ardennes pâté on both brown and white toast

I'm trying to use up the tail ends of several loaves that have accumulated in the freezer, hence the variety

Comment

Working...
                      X