• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About time to head to the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      About time to head to the Chinese
      And so it came to pass; and very nice it was

Comment

Now watching a thing about Fleetwood Mac on the CLTV channel 161 on Freesat.

Moderately interesting, particularly since I know nothing about them prior to "Rumors".

Apart from "Albatross".

The other things I know nothing about are SOLID and multiple inheritance.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 October 2018, 21:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's first film was the recent remake of Death Wish (2018) with Bruce Willis in the Charles Bronson role. Very good, I thought

And that was followed by a rewatch of John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017), also very good; I look forward to the third (and, I believe, last) of these, due some time next year

And a little bit of The West Wing as that seems to have become an unavoidable way of rounding off the night at the moment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's first film was the recent remake of Death Wish (2018) with Bruce Willis in the Charles Bronson role. Very good, I thought
            I've been waiting for that to come down to a reasonable price, namely £5.

Don't see it very often.

The temperature in the living room is 17.7 deg C, it's grey, and raining outside, but the wind seems to have subsided for now.

And the fridge has finished defrosting.

Considering that I started defrosting it yesterday afternoon, it's taken a while.

And I still got large chunks of ice out of it this morning.

It's now drying off before I put the shelves back in & reload all the crap back into it.

Including, I suppose, Strangelove Mater's stock of lard and Stork, which has been preserved, for no readily apparent reason, for some four or more years.

Maybe I should dispense with it.

Hope the poor sods up in Aberdulais have had a better night of it than they had yesterday.

The marsh is currently clear of water and I can't see how high the river is from here, which must be good.

I wonder if the canal overtopped anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Is that Assguru's new gig ??

did it involve crayons?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey rainy day here

Comment

Lamb roasted & eaten. Stuffed lambs heart too.

Gravy lovely.

Dump visited with added detritus from the building oiks.

Tesco, Lidl(tm), and Morrisons visited.

Shopping done.

Avoided buying Yet More Spanners and Other tools in Lidl.

<sing> Aldi lidl song </sing>

It's still raining a bit.

Comment

Afternoon all
                    grey and damp here, too.

The old Osteorenalapathy has kicked in, so i shan't be venturing forth <or fifth for that matter> today.

sod it.

Comment

Afternoon all.

Wet and miserable here. Lashing rain since the early hours.

Hiding indoors and cooking stuff instead.

Currently have some diced lamb marinating in the fridge ready for a Turkish style lamb stew for dinner. Roasted aubergines cooling before being mashed to make an Aubergine puree to go with it. Roasted peppers similarly cooling before being peeled and chopped to go in the stew as well.

A batch of almost past it tomatoes from the last crop of the year have been turned into Passata and now waiting for the jar to cool after being sterilised before being placed in said jar.

Lunch was a quick omelette with bacon, cheese, mushroom and some fried tomato knocked up in between the above activities.

Tine for a sit down with a cup of tea and a biscuit.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X