• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning folks.

0 degrees when I got in the car this morning. Very impressed with how quickly the Focus ST clears its windows.

Sausage barm (f-u, that's what they're called) and a fresh coffee to get me up and running ahead of a day of ETL design and build. Much more interesting than building reports. Work-life balance nirvana - not on contractor money any more but easy commute and working on what I want to nowadays.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I think I just lost the will to live again.

The lab is full of oiks Esteemed Customers playing with arduino IOT crap.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny but cold in Manchester - just 7 degrees when i arrived about 20 minutes ago...

think I need to bring a coat tomorrow.

I also have a sausage barm and a coffee - but then I am a proper Northerner!

Comment

In a change to the advertised schedule, I'm not in Manchester. WFH, made more difficult by the presence of CovToddler and CovAlmostToddler. I really need to sort out some kind of dedicated home office space and be able to lock them out.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey here

Comment

On an extremely tedious conf call.

As soon as this finishes I have an even more tedious three hour document review call lined up. What fun!

Head down, carry on invoicing...

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                On an extremely tedious conf call.

As soon as this finishes I have an even more tedious three hour document review call lined up. What fun!

Head down, carry on invoicing...
                Hold on, you weren't just on the same call I was on? Scheduled for an hour, went on for 3.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sausage butty for lunch

These were extra sausages I cooked on Tuesday and, just for a change, I reheated them in the microwave rather than having them cold.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sausage butty for lunch

These were extra sausages I cooked on Tuesday and, just for a change, I reheated them in the microwave rather than having them cold.
                    Had mine topped with this at the weekend:
                    Granny Joys Sauces - Healeys
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Put some jeans in the wash. This involves approximately two minutes of effort at the start and end of the process, but allows me to indulge in the notion that I've spent ninety minutes or so getting something done

Comment

Working...
                      X