• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    have to recommend this

Suntory Whisky Toki | Suntory Whisky

I may have spent the Agent's marketing budget in a night on this!
    Not tried it yet, but I was drinking Yamazaki 12y/o at the Pot Still the other night - they were sold out of my favourite 18y/o.

Well worth tracking down, if you’ve had it before.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey, windy, not-that-warm day out, with showers just moving away, but more following behind later

Comment

A wan sun has appeared.

And the drizzle/rain/hail/murrain of beasts has stopped for a while.

Bedding changed.

Currently in the drier.

I wonder if it's started singing its little song at me to let me know it's done.

<brief hiatus>

And lo! verily done it was.

Now airing over the banisters for a couple of days.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2018, 15:06.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A year ago in TPD: "big teeth"

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Morning Campers!

Mrs MarkyMarks Client Co christmas meal proved very interesting....

Some woman got sozzled and publicly called her a chunt at the meal table.

Obviously this didnt go down very well.

She responded, "Don't worry yourself big teeth" and the woman almost burst into tears.

"Big teeth" then sent a very apologetic mail at 2AM.

Love Christmas time.

Comment

<taps screen> Is this thing working?

The lamb it is aroasting.

With added stuffed lamb's heart.

The lentil <pffffft> soup is asimmering.

It's Sunder lunch/dinner on Saturday evening tea/dinner.

Just to keep it all clear like.

The rain it was araining.

The gale it was ablowing.

I fecking hate December.

The shipping forecast is giving Force 7 gusting Force 9 for Lundy.

After preparing all that veg my hands look like I've been working down the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              <taps screen> Is this thing working?

The lamb it is aroasting.

With added stuffed lamb's heart.

The lentil <pffffft> soup is asimmering.

It's Sunder lunch/dinner on Saturday evening tea/dinner.

Just to keep it all clear like.

The rain it was araining.

The gale it was ablowing.

I fecking hate December.

The shipping forecast is giving Force 7 gusting Force 9 for Lundy.

After preparing all that veg my hands look like I've been working down the pit.
              It's working, but I think everybody has been dragged off to do Christmas shopping stuff.

I do almost all mine on Amazon. My sister emailed me a list of books she wants yesterday; five minutes later they were ordered, and right now they're up the road in the Amazon Locker waiting for me to collect them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It's working, but I think everybody has been dragged off to do Christmas shopping stuff.

I do almost all mine on Amazon. My sister emailed me a list of books she wants yesterday; five minutes later they were ordered, and right now they're up the road in the Amazon Locker waiting for me to collect them
                Such organisation is its own reward.

Oh, and one of those zen chury things that used to be so important.

Tonight's first feature was "Snake Eyes" with Nick Cage and Gary Sinise.

Snake Eyes (1998) - IMDb

It was ok, being rather more boxing focused than I'd expected.

Tonight's 2nd feature is "Harlem Nights" with Eddie Murphy, back in the days when he was a star.

Harlem Nights (1989) - IMDb
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2018, 21:19.

Comment

There's supposed to be football going on right this minute, but I can see the glow in the sky from the floodlights when they're on, and it isn't there

Maybe they're playing in the dark? Or, thinking about it, I usually notice it when I'm outside, so maybe it's too bright in here for it to be visible.

Anyway, Google says they won't be finished before I've gone to the Chinese, so I won't have to battle my way back through a sea of people in blue and white scarves going the other way, which is the only reason I checked

Comment

Chinese accomplished, and very nice too, as always

I need to pop up to the Amazon Locker, but the football people are on their way home. Might leave it ten minutes or so

Comment

Stuff collected

A Christmas etiquette question arises thereby: if you've got somebody five books, is it OK to wrap them all up as one present, or should they be wrapped individually, thereby creating a more satisfying display on Christmas Day, but risking total depletion of the Earth's gift tag resources?

Comment

Working...
                      X