• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd that 1st post in "ContractorUK Fantasy Football 2018/19...." has those question marks on diamonds but can't find any others. Same with my barmy stories, some got 'em, most normal. Assume it was where/what text was copied from.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Odd that 1st post in "ContractorUK Fantasy Football 2018/19...." has those question marks on diamonds but can't find any others. Same with my barmy stories, some got 'em, most normal. Assume it was where/what text was copied from.
      Yes, that's down to whether they're straight quotes or curly ones, aka "smart quotes", and the equivalent for apostrophes; not to mention hyphens-versus dashes and so on

As in, "" v. “”

Earlier on, I finished the SQL that’ll magically fix everything and shipped it over to admin, so it’ll all be sorted soon

Comment

Having finished the magic SQL, I had chicken dopiaza (out of the freezer) with the usual rice and naan. Very nice it was

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth ready for the morrow.

Comment

Tonight's entertainment, such as it was, was The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), which was… well, a bit chronic, really. A fair chunk of it seems to play on the "Look at the funny Japanese people and the weird things they do" theme, and the rest of it is pretty squarely in the "written by a twelve-year-old boy who storyboarded it on the back covers of his exercise books" department. And as it doesn't add anything to the main storyline of the series, other than explaining why one of the characters from F&F6 doesn't return in F&F7+, it's only really worth the trouble if you're in a completist frame of mind

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            There's a lot of singing, which is never terribly good in a Western.

Never forget "Singing Sandy".

Not, I think, as good as the first two, it would have been better without the singing.
            Then you'd hate The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

But then its a pretty ropey film anyway, even without the singing.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all Raining in Glasgow. TFIF, etc.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out; showery, a bit breezy, but comparatively warm at ~11°C

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's entertainment, such as it was, was The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), which was… well, a bit chronic, really. A fair chunk of it seems to play on the "Look at the funny Japanese people and the weird things they do" theme, and the rest of it is pretty squarely in the "written by a twelve-year-old boy who storyboarded it on the back covers of his exercise books" department. And as it doesn't add anything to the main storyline of the series, other than explaining why one of the characters from F&F6 doesn't return in F&F7+, it's only really worth the trouble if you're in a completist frame of mind

Goodnight all
                  I liked 7 (mostly because JS is a full on baddie), and 8 is okish but a bit disappointing.

Really and truly we're not the intended demographic.

In other news, it's pissing with rain, windy, horizontal precipitation, foggy, misty, unpleasant, and there's a lovely deposit of salt on one of the internal windowsills where the window is leaking when the wind is from the east.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I liked 7 (mostly because JS is a full on baddie), and 8 is okish but a bit disappointing.

Really and truly we're not the intended demographic.
                    Indeed we're not, being over fourteen years of age and not from Essex

Pâté on (white) toast for lunch

And I suppose I ought to go and do the shopping during a brief hiatus in the rain

Comment

Amazon has just delivered a USB floppy drive I ordered to my Dad. I figure while he can't move around too much waiting for the hip to heal, he might as well spend some time going through his large collection of floppy discs to see if there's anything on them he wants to keep

Comment

Working...
                      X