• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Is there, perchance, a translation into something resembling English?

It currently looks a bit like Gornese.
    Jag XJ8 in
    Merc E-Class out

Simply put?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Jag XJ8 in
      Merc E-Class out

Simply put?
      Eye thank ewe greatly.

That Zeity chap was always lusting after a Jag, though of the XK8 variety.

Just as well he's not here anymore.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny day out there, though slightly colder at a reported 8°C

Comment

Details, Details, it's all in the details.

IMDB ref or it never happened.
          Full details will be provided when I watch the rest of it

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            that is

Mind you, I am a tad upset. With 5 posts left I expected the 10k to be open 24 hours later.

Comment

Details, Details, it's all in the details.

IMDB ref or it never happened.

The lab is full of golden light, from a Golden Orb rising through the murk over Margam.

Someone left the door to my office open last night and thusly it's only 21 deg C in here at the moment, which doesn't correspond to the otherwise constant 24 deg that is expected.

The Refuse Collection Engineers took away 7 bin bags of crap this morning, leaving one which had split.

They can look forward to seeing it & its companions in a fortnight.

Now to send an email to the OH lot in Carmarthen questioning their sanity.
              Nice pali!

Comment

Fish finger bap (wholemeal) for lunch

With lashings of red sauce, of course

Comment

Now to send an email to the OH lot in Carmarthen questioning their sanity.
                  No reply as yet.

I may have to phone the bastards up.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Nice pali!

I had thought that the curious pong in my office was due to my overwhelming flatulence.

However, and investigation of the cardboard box that functions as a bin these days revealed a rotting orange/tangerine thing which was even more offensive than my farts.

And that, as they say, is saying something.

Comment

Another Mac programming tutorial done

The main virtue of following Swift-based tutorials while working in Objective C is that I learn a lot from looking up how to do stuff that's easy in Swift but not so obvious in Obj-C; for example, randomly shuffling an array

And all the more meaty stuff like "This is how table views work" is exactly the same under the surface; mere syntax.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Another Mac programming tutorial done

The main virtue of following Swift-based tutorials while working in Objective C is that I learn a lot from looking up how to do stuff that's easy in Swift but not so obvious in Obj-C; for example, randomly shuffling an array

And all the more meaty stuff like "This is how table views work" is exactly the same under the surface; mere syntax.
                      Have you ever thought of teaching this stuff?

Just askin' like.

Was very tempted to boot a couple of Esteemed Customers up the arse when they displayed less that impressive urgency when the fire alarm went off this afternoon.

Fecking snowflake millennials.

I hate the lot of them and their sense of entitlement.

When I say get the feck out, I mean get the feck out and don't take your time about it.

X5 home again, with a rather gentler driver than Monday's example.

Tea/dinner was that thing I do with carrots & onions & the remains (rather more than expected) of Sunday's roast beef.

In a change to The Natural Order of Things, today's repast was not lentil <pffffft> soup because of yesterday's meal out with Strangelove Sis.

Tomorrow will be back to normal with M&S breaded haddock.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2019, 21:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X