• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    One is pleased to announce the receipt of the confirmation of Voluntary Redundancy.

When do they sling you out?

Comment

One is pleased to announce the receipt of the confirmation of Voluntary Redundancy.
      Reverse Banana?

When is the party? Should we bring our own ammo?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tutorial: "Put some photos in the directory and run the app."

Me: *spends half an hour on various primate research websites saving images of chimps, bonobos, gorillas, and orang-utans*

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          British craftsmanship at its finest
          With the added bonus that the Cafe counter is built over the sewer personhole in the floor.

That you really couldn't see coming.

X5 home.

Along with a plastic bucket with a hole in it (1/2" pipe fitting) that I intend to use to spray water over whatever keeps tulipting outside my living room window.

Tea/dinner this evening was, unusually, M&S breaded haddock not cooked within an inch of bursting into flames.

It was much nicer that way.

This evening's televisual epic is currently in a state of quantum flux coz the cat isn't dead or alive at the moment.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Reverse Banana?

When is the party? Should we bring our own ammo?
          Lock & load, bro, lock & load.

Free ammo.

When do they sling you out?
          Dunno, there's a while to go and many roads to traverse before we reach that.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2019, 18:49.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

With the added bonus that the Cafe counter is built over the sewer personhole in the floor.

That you really couldn't see coming.

X5 home.

Along with a plastic bucket with a hole in it (1/2" pipe fitting) that I intend to use to spray water over whatever keeps tulipting outside my living room window.

Tea/dinner this evening was, unusually, M&S breaded haddock not cooked within an inch of bursting into flames.

It was much nicer that way.

This evening's televisual epic is currently in a state of quantum flux coz the cat isn't dead or alive at the moment.

Lock & load, bro, lock & load.

Free ammo.

Dunno, there's a while to go and many roads to traverse before we reach that.
            Remember to salt the ground behind you, when you go

Comment

Tea tonight has been cottage pie out of the freezer. Very nice, it was

Now to decide what to watch…

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Remember to salt the ground behind you, when you go
                As if I would.

This evening's epic, as it transpired was "Rio Lobo (1970)" with Duke Wayne, Jack Elam, & a lot of people I'd never heard of.

Rio Lobo (1970) - IMDb

It shows distinct signs of being somewhat influenced by the spaghetti westerns.

There's even a guy in a poncho.

It was amusing enough, there was even fake blood and fairly unspectacular "bullet impacts", showing how far things had changed regarding the production code, but the Duke is still the Duke.

It was amusing enough, but a bit tame compared, say, with "The Wild Bunch" the year before.

Tea tonight has been cottage pie out of the freezer. Very nice, it was

Now to decide what to watch…
                One of those century things apparently.

The "wot to watch" decision gets ever more problematic.

Turns out I bought "Rio Lobo" in 2013.

From a charity emporium that isn't there any more.

I seem to be on a bit of a Duke Wayne kick at the moment.

It was very pleasant to see Jack Elam again.

I might just dig out "Once upon a time in the West" at some personal risk considering its position in a pile.

Charlie Bronson's in that too.

I seem to be rather knackered which isn't too surprising considering I've had about 9 hours sleep since Sunday.

Maggie Thatcher I'm not.

TFBSZ
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2019, 22:26.

Comment

As if I would.

This evening's epic, as it transpired was "Rio Lobo (1970)" with Duke Wayne, Jack Elam, & a lot of people I'd never heard of.

Rio Lobo (1970) - IMDb

It shows distinct signs of being somewhat influenced by the spaghetti westerns.

There's even a guy in a poncho.

It was amusing enough, there was even fake blood and fairly unspectacular "bullet impacts", showing how far things had changed regarding the production code, but the Duke is still the Duke.

It was amusing enough, but a bit tame compared, say, with "The Wild Bunch" the year before.
                  was it a Real poncho? - a mexican poncho?, or a Sears poncho (tm Frank Zappa)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangeLove
                    I seem to be on a bit of a Duke Wayne kick at the moment.
                    Michael Caine has a few good stories about John Wayne from his time in Hollywood.

I can also recommend "John Wayne: The Life and Legend" by Scott Eyman.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      was it a Real poncho? - a mexican poncho?, or a Sears poncho (tm Frank Zappa)
                      The chap wearing it was a Mexican (as in coming from Mexico sort of thing).

Where the poncho came from, I dunno.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Michael Caine has a few good stories about John Wayne from his time in Hollywood.

I can also recommend "John Wayne: The Life and Legend" by Scott Eyman.
                      Yes, I've heard some of Mr Caine's stories.

Not a lot of people know that.

"Rio Lobo" is a remake of "El Dorado" which is a remake of "Rio Bravo".

The last really good film he made was "The Shootist", though "True Grit" and "Rooster Cogburn" are excellent too.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2019, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
                      X