• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Finally back in the 21st century. Delayed in Glasgow
    ahhh, the inbred arrogance of the english. - how refreshing

sorry we only have five fingers and five toes.

and we're crap banjo players

Comment

Tea tonight has been a ribeye steak with the usual bits, and exceedingly nice it was

Not sure if admin will be back for more database shenanigans tonight. Anyway, I'm going to follow the example of Dr. S. and find something good to watch, and I may well treat myself to a beer or so at the same time

Comment

The entertainment started with a rewatch of V for Vendetta (2005), which really is an excellent film

And then a further rewatch of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011), which is also very good; but as each M:I film manages to go even further in impressiveness of stunts and such, so each earlier one pales slightly. But I'm rewatching it and the next one as a buildup to rewatching the latest one, so it's good to be reminded of the increasing scale

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The entertainment started with a rewatch of V for Vendetta (2005), which really is an excellent film
          Can't be all that good I only bought it twice. :

Dreary.

Wet.

Grey.

Miserable.

Windy.

Both washing machines are on, one with the sheets, and the other with the remainder of the cottons.

It should all be over by 12:30, then the drying starts.

Thought it might be good to change the sheets this week since it's not been done for a while, however one might define "a while".

Off down town shortly after my dump, it's tax the car day and off on the weekly dvd hunt.

Lets see how many dups I can come up with today.

It was 3 last week.

<interstitial pause or hiatus>

Another foot of dvds.

Including "Harry Brown" to replace the expensive one with the read error.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2019, 11:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out there today

Comment

Afternoon all big dog walk earlier, now getting ready for the rugby.

Had an interesting chat with the client earlier.
              Him: you know that test you’re doing on Monday?
              Me: Yes, the one we have planned for weeks, that I started work on last week and where you are fully aware that the environment I do the test in will not be available after the test is done.
              Him: yes. The question is, if we wanted to use that environment after your work what would we need to do?
              Me: A full refresh from another environment. You reduced the time for this test to such a short level, that with your agreement I cut corners and told you that I was only doing them to hit your timescale and the result would be a non-functioning environment, and you were happy with that.
              Him: yes, well, if we wanted to run some things through that environment, when is the latest we could take a backup of it before your test on Monday?
              Me: Two weeks ago before I started the preparations, as discussed and agreed with you.
              Him: Oh. OK. So there’s not...
              Me: No.
              Him: But could we...
              Me: No, you made the decision on the time. Your decision, now you get the consequences I told you about.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Harsh but fair.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Had an interesting chat with the client earlier…
                  That's them telt

Comment

FFS, the meter reader has apparently managed to get into the premises. Now I get to make up the shortfall in the estimates they've been making this winter, which were presumably based on my winter usage last year, when I wasn't here at all for nearly a month due to hospital and stuff

Comment

The official looking brown envelope that got delivered this morning turns out to be my State Pension application form.

Feck me, I feel old.

I'm sure it was only last week or the week before that I started working for Granada TV Rental.

Or was it almost 46 years ago.

Things have changed a bit since then.

Though I was fixing tellies rather than programming the above at the time.

It was the first time I encountered a punched card since those were used to keep track of the jobs you'd done.

<interstitial hiatus and pause>

Vaguely looking at the piles of crap in here quietly wondering wtf I'm going to do with it all.

It's quite overwhelming really.

I suppose I could watch a film & stop worrying about it.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2019, 14:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X