• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post

Is it worth looking up in the archives? Might kill a bit of time on this call.
    There were pictures, IIRC.

After Morriston hospital had put his hand back together.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      A Circular Saw as I recall.
      Indeed, to the hand IIRC. He did post a post a pic after they stitched him back together. It was appropriately gruesome.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I occasionally invite Diver back here for a guest appearance. He has stopped showing up though.

I remember meeting him in West London once. I gasped when I saw him! He is used to it "There are people wide as a wardrobe. Few are like me and wide as a double wardrobe." Quite.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Indeed, to the hand IIRC. He did post a post a pic after they stitched him back together. It was appropriately gruesome.
          Dammit, I started reading the relevant bits of TPD and suddenly the client started talking to me.

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin cloud out is starting to burn off, so it's getting sunny and starting to heat up

The landlord/manager chap was just out in the back yard with a bloke who looked like he was involved with one of the building trades; they were both looking up towards the top of the building and discussing something. I wouldn't be surprised if its the fire escape for the top flat, which is just a platform leading to the actual iron staircase down, which is on the doctor's next door. It's very rusty these days and could do with a lick of paint, and probably a full check of its physical structure and strength.

But my hope is that something needs doing to the roof and they decide to fix both sides of it while they're at it, as that would mean putting scaffolding up at the front, and I might finally be able to get my damn sash windows unstuck

Fingers crossed… but it's probably just the fire escape getting a lick of paint

Comment

And now CovKid II is back from the shops and keeping me company. Lion and Penguin are both reading TPD with me.

Comment

And CovPuss II is off to the vet this morning to have his stitches removed.

Comment

Actually, reading TPD from 11 years ago it's surprising how many people there are I've never heard of (having only been around about 6 years)... El Diablo, kali, Xenophon, some bloke called Zeitghost...

Old Greg...

Comment

Thankfully we got all the "business" done in 45 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Actually, reading TPD from 11 years ago it's surprising how many people there are I've never heard of (having only been around about 6 years)... El Diablo, kali, Xenophon, some bloke called Zeitghost...

Old Greg...
                      Those with more than 5000 tpd posts: -
                      zeitghost
                      BrilloPad
                      NickFitz
                      DS23
                      voodooflux
                      FiveTimes
                      cailin maith
                      BrowneIssue
                      TheFaQQer
                      norrahe