• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, industrious day.
    cooked a nice chicken and chickpea curry using a malaysian dutch friend's mum's curry mix.
    <she mails it to me on occasion>

stuffed now.

Comment

Chicken is roasting. It smells great, but it won't be ready for another hour or more

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Rather sad that two chaps were killed on the railway line near Margam today.

They had ear defenders on & didn't hear the train.

I thought there had to be a lookout.
        That's what I thought. BBC News is saying a third person was treated at the scene for "shock" (presumably not the circulatory kind) but wasn't injured, but that could be the driver I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That's what I thought. BBC News is saying a third person was treated at the scene for "shock" (presumably not the circulatory kind) but wasn't injured, but that could be the driver I suppose
          Updated story says all three were track workers.

I can imagine lookout yelling, sounding airhorn etc and not bring heard. If they had defenders on they must have been using noisy equipment. Combination of the two would make it impossible to alert them.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

2nd feature: "Wild Bill".

Not so gripping, this one.

Current book: "The History Thieves": Ian Cobain.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Thi...gateway&sr=8-1
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Chicken is roasting. It smells great, but it won't be ready for another hour or more
              But once it was ready, it was exceedingly nice: corn-fed roast chicken dinner with the usual trimmings

Comment

Now contemplating making an XT CF card to boot said XT from a CF card instead of a dead HD.

How far that'll go, I dunno.

Found the design again and it's not complicated though you have to burn an eprom to make the fecker work.

There's a Z80 on the XT HD interface card.

Not a lot of people know that.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      There's a Z80 on the XT HD interface card.

Not a lot of people know that.
                      They get everywhere, those things. As I recall, some mid-to-late-80s arcade games had a Z80 just to do the sounds

Another episode of S3 of Spiral/Engrenages watched.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X