• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazingly deep red sunset out of the kitchen window earlier

No rain yet, though.

I couldn't work out why my blobs weren't moving around on the screen. Then I realised one had moved a bit over the course of a few minutes while I was looking at my code. Turns out you need to set a maximum velocity and maximum acceleration greater than the defaults of one pixel per second and one pixel per second per second if you expect things to move much

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      What driver assists are you looking for?
      A Merc symbol mounted at the front of the bonnet to help the aim at cyclists/fishermen?
      Maybe I want one of those guide dogs for blind drivers?

Your Merc symbol ereminded me of a joke. I must look it up and put in the joke thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        <insert 96 irrelevant, and possibly irreverent posts here>

Havng trouble getting the hang of this drivelling lark?

Though I have considered building a drivel-bot program.....

Comment

Well my back was f**king killing me! I could not sleep.

I popped a diclofenac. I got a big supply from when I used to do vast amounts of triathlon.

One of the reasons I stopped doing so much sport was to stop taking diclofenac. Messes up your kidneys long term.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Well my back was f**king killing me! I could not sleep.

I popped a diclofenac. I got a big supply from when I used to do vast amounts of triathlon.

One of the reasons I stopped doing so much sport was to stop taking diclofenac. Messes up your kidneys long term.
            And that was tpd post 32200

175 to beat Zeity......

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was Dark Blue (2002), in which Kurt Russell plays a dirty cop in the LAPD around the time of the Rodney King case. Gritty, and I felt it dragged a bit in the pre-middle area, but overall it's pretty good.

And to follow, a rewatch of Inglourious Basterds (2009), which I still think is very good

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                watching a thing about when the UK made stuff .

commentary ' the comet, with it's distinctive square windows'.

i wonder if she ever regretted saying that?
                Jet! When Britain Ruled the Skies, 2. The Shape of Things to Come: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01m9vjl via @bbciplayer
                Last edited by Scruff; 14 July 2019, 08:48.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all.

Dry.

Greyish.

NotSoWarm.

The steam engine Tornado is travelling from Bristol to Swansea today.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning all

Comment

Lunch/lunch this Sunday was roast leg of lamb (Morrisons, reduced).

It was very nice.

Didn't hear the Tornado passing by on its way to Swansea.

When the King ?Edward? did the same journey 10 years ago the valley echoed to its passing.

‘Tornado’ heads to Tenby | News | Tenby Observer

After Port Talbot the journey will take the Swansea District Line north of the city and beside the Bristol Channel beyond Llanelli.
                      Well that explains that then.

Too far down the valley to hear it up here.

Ho hum.

And anyone expecting to see it going through Neath or Swansea was rather disappointed.

I was wondering how they'd get it out of Swansea without a turntable.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2019, 12:10.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X