• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Maybe it's the one I took back to Lidl because it didn't work.
    It's a Toshiba, but looking at it a bit more closely today I reckon it's a few years old

Tonight's first film was Faster (2010) starring Dwayne Johnson, of the giant albino ape and the car films, and Billy Bob Thornton of Fargo S1. Johnson is a chap released from prison who sets out to kill the people responsible for his brother's death, and Thornton the detective pursuing him. So far, so formulaic, but I thought it had a fair amount going for it beyond the clichés and was a good watch.

And after that, for no particular reason, I felt like a rewatch of the incomparable (if you like it) Goodfellas (1990), which retains its place as one of my favourite films

BTW, the credits on Faster include "Mr. Johnson's Hairdresser". He is completely bald

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all.

Home made version of a Sausage and Egg McMuffin for breakfast. Now to fire up the smoker to turn a nice hunk of pork shoulder into pulled pork for dinner
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

Wanly sunnly.

High cloud.

Notsohot. 21.4 in here at the moment.

Quite stuffy overnight.

Having watched that thing about the ME262 and its funny railway up the side of a mountain, had an odd dream about railways and woke up with a bump at 06:00 precisely.

Read tome about Bliar's Wars for a bit, then went back to sleep and eventually got up at the outrageous time of 09:30.

Will have to start preparing lunch in a minute.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Hot and sunny out

It's up to 27°C at the moment, on schedule to hit 30° in a couple of hours. But I remembered to draw the curtains last night, so it's only up to 26° in here and looks like it might hold there, as the sun will be round the other side soon

Comment

22.3 deg in here currently.

Lamb and lamb's heart sort of roasted.

Quite the most disgusting meal I've made in a long time.

Ho hum.

Can't win 'em all.

The brave Lidl little soldier next door, rather than cutting his fecking lawns or helping his Mrs with some gardening, has been playing with his Lidl(tm) inflatable dinghy.

I've stayed away in case I say something.

The Reunion on R4 at 11:15 was a bit tenser than usual today.

BBC Radio 4 - The Reunion, Death on the Rock
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2019, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                The brave Lidl little soldier next door, rather than cutting his fecking lawns or helping his Mrs with some gardening, has been playing with his Lidl(tm) inflatable dinghy.
                Is he planning to launch it on the canal out the back? Because in fairness, it's quite good weather for messing about on the water

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It's up to 27°C at the moment, on schedule to hit 30° in a couple of hours. But I remembered to draw the curtains last night, so it's only up to 26° in here and looks like it might hold there, as the sun will be round the other side soon
                  Still only 26.1° in here, about to hit 30° outside

Curtains still drawn for now…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Is he planning to launch it on the canal out the back? Because in fairness, it's quite good weather for messing about on the water
                    Feck nose.

I trust it's not in the shed still inflated because I need to get in & out of there to transfer stuff.

The idle knut is watching telly currently.

22.4 in here.

Hotter out.

28 deg in the salting house now the sun's come round.

Comment

Chipolata and bacon bap (wholemeal) for lunch, with red sauce

Comment

Working...
                      X