• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho Hum. Summer is so fleeting...
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

A flying visit

Just turned down a renewal which was probably 18 months of work and £250,000+... The last 6 months have been so painful even after a week of reflection my reaction was still never again.

Also it's boom time in my skillset and I've spades and pickaxes to write and sell
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        A flying visit

Just turned down a renewal which was probably 18 months of work and £250,000+... The last 6 months have been so painful even after a week of reflection my reaction was still never again.

Also it's boom time in my skillset and I've spades and pickaxes to write and sell

Sounds good!

Comment

Rain!

Just a shower really, but I'll take it

Comment

I was made to work today.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I was made to work today.....

Happy birthday!

Comment

I had intended to go to Swansea this afternoon but in the end I just couldn't be arsed so I played freecell for an hour and a half, then did some "gardening" with the branch loppers.

I'd have got the sabre saw out but I couldn't be arsed & the blade is blunt.

Tea this evening was M&S breaded haddock.

It was nice enough.

Followed by stewed blackberries and custard.

I stewed some more blackberries this afternoon.

The evening's televisual entertainment began with "The World at War: Reckoning: 1945 and after" with that nice Larry Olivier.

And Stephen Ambrose back when he still had hair.

"The World at War" Reckoning: 1945... and After (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb

Now watching "World War Weird" and waiting for the suitcase nuke.

And now we have dear old Adolph's personal Doctor Feelgood.

Oh, turns out to be Davy Crocket and the atomic cannon.

And the RA-115 Soviet suitcase bomb.

Now watching "Atomic Age Declassified" on Smithsonian.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 August 2019, 20:03.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Really nice tea tonight: steak & ale casserole (from last month) with wedges and peas

And I currently have apple & blackberry baked goods - a pie and a tart - in the oven

Comment

Off to Ferndown in the morning to deliver 3 guineafowl.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And I currently have apple & blackberry baked goods - a pie and a tart - in the oven
                      Showoff.

Did you make the pastry or buy it?

I bought some frozen in a vain attempt to use up some of Strangelove Mater's vast stores of mincemeat.

I made some fairly mediocre mince pies and then gave it up as a bad job.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X