• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an amusing Google Street View shot outside the Pop In Shop on Brighton's West Street. A chap was coming out with his hands in air like he was celebrating (probably just noticed the car). However, I can't find it on the historical shots of the shop nor in a cursory general image search. Makes me now think it may have been faked
    Last edited by ladymuck; 31 August 2019, 20:02. Reason: changed it from hilarious to amusing; it wasn't that funny

Comment

And home again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And home again
        no jigs nor jiggets?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          no jigs nor jiggets?
          Nope

Chinese was very nice as always

There were four or five blokes plugging away on the FOBTs in Ladbrokes. Probably still on their way home after the football

Comment

Lunch was a Ginsters cornish pasty and Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin toast.

Nice enough.

Tea was the remains of last Sunday's roast lamb with carrots and onions.

It was the best it's been all week, which ain't saying much.

Followed by stewed blackberries and custard, just about the last of it.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment began with "Space Cowboys (2000)" with that Clinton Eastwood chap again, with Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, and James Garner.

It was quite enjoyable in a preposterous sort of way.

Space Cowboys (2000) - IMDb

Followed by 20 minute of "Coogan's Bluff (1968)" which I've just turned off because I'm not in the mood for that this evening.

Coogan's Bluff (1968) - IMDb

It was inneresting to see a helicopter land on the top of a building in New York.

They haven't done that since one fell off the roof.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's blockbuster was Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014). Based on a true story, according to certain faiths; either way, they were careful to leave off the "this story is fictional… no resemblance to any person living or dead" stuff in the credits, presumably to avoid offending anyone. (Many famous Hollywood blockbusters of this ilk have messed that one up, but the right-wing evangelical snowflakes weren't so quick to take offence if Jesus or Moses or whoever was described as a fictional character in legal boilerplate in the 1950s.)

Anyway: visually impressive, the story flowed pretty well, and the frogs were excellent (they were the bit I was most looking forward to, TBH). I can understand the decision to use modern language rather than some mock-ancient way of speaking; it grated occasionally (Moses telling his people to get ready to cross the Red Sea: "Form in groups") but worked well for the most part. I thought it was pretty damn good as these things go

And after that, for no reason other than that it had been the movie equivalent of an earworm in my head for the last few days though I have no idea why, a rewatch of Wall Street (1987). In 4K now on the Apple TV, though with films of that era all that really means is that you can see the grain of the film if you're sat fairly close to the telly. Anyway, it's as good as it ever was, though I suspect I'm not the only British person who watches it mentally ticking off various things that later formed part of Del Boy Trotter's persona without even realising I'm doing it

Goodnight all
              Last edited by NickFitz; 1 September 2019, 03:13.

Comment

Morning all

Son and GF down to visit for the weekend. Yesterdays shenanigans involved a day spent with a coach load of other pissheads Real Ale Enthusiasts on a trip around various hostelries sampling the assorted beverages on offer.

This was followed by a large chinese takeaway, most of which is now in the fridge having done the usual inebriated over-ordering thing, and assorted board games played with varying degrees of competance.

I'm up early as is usual for me after a session on the beer. Provided I'm not hugely hung over I always seem to wake up early after a night out while the rest of the family are still asleep snoring gently, or not so gently depending.

Will do home made sausage and egg muffins in the style of a well known fast food chain in a bit. That out to rouse them from their pits

Blue skies and sunshine otherwise, looks like it might be another warm day.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

CBS.

Sunny.

All observed through the gap in the curtains so it may well be that either side of the gap is black clouds and the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Following yesterday's epic snore in the afternoon whilst "listening" to Dave & Co doing their thing in The Albert Hall, sleep proved elusive last night.

Ended up reading more of one of the tomes about the late unlamented Bliar & his hard on for wars.

I find it rather odd that compared with the present incumbents, both Bush 43 and Bliar appear rather more statesmanlike that the comedy duo presently in the roles.

Ho hum.

It must be a Sign of the Times in some sort of Apolcalyptic way.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Morning!

Using up some granola for breakfast - end of the box and the milk in the fridge is close to being on the turn. It's ok but I do wish I'd opted to use up the bacon instead. Maybe I'll pop to the shop for some nice bread and make a bacon sarnie for lunch.

Cool morning but clear skies and sunny. Slight breeze.

First coffee of the day is going down well.

Comment

Working...
                      X