• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching The Repair Shop. Lovely series (filmed at the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, dontcha know) but it does get vexing that BBC just rehash all the same repairs and it's either a 45 min programme or a 60 min one pushed out as something new when it isn't.

That said, it is great to see traditional craftmanship at work.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      i DO have an I-ron, but it gets little use.
      I've used mine twice this millennium.

I'm beginning to worry a bit about that.

More non I-ron shirts needed.

Strangelove Mater in her younger days I-roned everything, underpants and tea towels included.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I've used mine twice this millennium.

I'm beginning to worry a bit about that.

More non I-ron shirts needed.

Strangelove Mater in her younger days I-roned everything, underpants and tea towels included.
        aye, ma maw did that tae. tablecloths etc.

and jeans

i talked her out of that, after a while

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve got some kind of lurgy. The sore neck/shoulders has developed into a more widespread achiness, and I’ve got a bit of a headache, which I never get

Comment

Gosh. True Movies is renamed as Sony Xmas.

They've started showing Xmas movies in fecking September again.

Says the man who just watched "Die Harder" set on Xmas Eve.

MoviesForMen is renamed Sony Action and is currently showing a Danny Trejo epic "Bullet".

I'd forgotten that "The Bad Skin Clinic" is on for those who like watching pus being extracted and zits being squeezed, not to mention fatty lumps being cut out here and there.

Also on Quest Red is "The Bubble Man" who is afflicted with myriad small bubble like tumors all over his skin.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 September 2019, 22:02.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Gosh. True Movies is renamed as Sony Xmas.

They've started showing Xmas movies in fecking September again.

Says the man who just watched "Die Harder" set on Xmas Eve.

MoviesForMen is renamed Sony Action and is currently showing a Danny Trejo epic "Bullet".

I'd forgotten that "The Bad Skin Clinic" is on for those who like watching pus being extracted and zits being squeezed, not to mention fatty lumps being cut out here and there.

Also on Quest Red is "The Bubble Man" who is afflicted with myriad small bubble like tumors all over his skin.
              At times I’m quite glad I can only get a limited number of the Freeview channels

Comment

Definitely feeling a bit lurgified

Early night for me.

Goodnight all

Comment

Miss V finished at the chip shop tonight.

Off to wildest Yorkshire soon

all a bit weird..

Steak & widney pie + chips...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Plus I'm sat here in my underpants in an attempt to cool down after a cold shower so it might cause a bit of a stir if I went out like this.
                    Yes. Because you usually go out naked....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X