• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch break about to end at the conference. It was nice when I was the only one in here half an hour ago

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      heh, good luck with that.
      i hope you like bland, tasteless meatballs and cabbage. or rookwurst and mashed spud.
      i'd go indonesian.
      Finding a Dutch food restaurant is proving a challenge. We may yet just go back to Amsterdam.

Currently killing time with a G&T waiting for HWMBO to finish

Comment

dinner has been breaded haddock, chips and peas.
        courtesy of the usual suspects.

very nice.

Comment

Had a fabulous meal here Welkom bij Cafe Lalalaa, het meest culinaire feestcafe van ’s-Hertogenbosch. All small plates and we want for the 'trust the chef' four dishes so had no idea what we were going to get. Highlights were the lobster bisque and veal served on a bed of chicory.

Now to the hotel bar for a nightcap. Have walked over 15k steps today!

Comment

Home!

The conference overran by about twenty minutes, and then it turned out the car park fed into some very narrow street which was chockablock at that time of evening, so it took until gone half-past-six before I was on the main road pointed out of Brighton

Could have made it in a straight three hours from there, but there was a lane closure for roadworks on the “smart” motorway just past Northampton. The problem is that everything on what used to be the hard shoulder has to get over a lane, and the end result is that all the remaining lanes are brought to a halt as everyone jockeys for position. I spent a year working in Northampton so I know that stretch very well from pre-smart days, and only at the height of the rush hour was there a vague chance it would jam up like that with the normal three lanes

Still, other than that it was plain sailing (pace the deranged drivers of the M25). Time to get my dinner on

Comment

: Evening all :

Did a bit of gardening this afternoon in the bright sunshine.

Sheets dried nicely on the line & were finished off in the TD.

Tea this evening was M&S chunky breaded haddock.

It was nice enough.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's amusement came courtesy of BTVS S5 E1 & 2, Angel S2 E1 & 2, none of which were crossovers.

Dawn made her advent.

As did Dracula.

The aforementioned "smart" motorways seem as dubious an idea as the "smart" meters.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                The aforementioned "smart" motorways seem as dubious an idea as the "smart" meters.
                Indeed. The stretch of the M23 (I think it is) from the M25 down to somewhere around Gatwick was all “narrow lanes” and “50mph” and that because of ongoing work to convert it into one

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Time to get my dinner on
                And dinner was various bits (leg, wing, a bit of breast) of the chicken I roasted on Wednesday, reheated in the oven, and served up with chips and ketchup. Lovely stuff

Comment

Oh, and Mystery Bike is still out there

If my reasoning is correct and it was put there shortly before I found it on Tuesday afternoon, then I think it’s now pretty unlikely that whoever put it there is coming back for it. It also seems pretty unlikely that whoever put it there was its owner. I’ll consider bringing it in tomorrow, barring further developments, while I ponder further courses of action that might lead to restoring it to them.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s getting up at 6:30 to be first at the hotel breakfast, sitting in an Art Deco cinema listening to technical talks all day, or spending 3h25m driving 162 miles home in the dark and occasional rain, but for some reason I’m quite tired

So I think I’ll have an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Very wet in Llandudno

Comment

Working...
                      X