• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    'Twas sunny here when I left the hoi polloi, did a bit of shopping, and walked my walk.

Now it's increasingly grey overcast.

The rain last night was plainly heavy enough to shift some of the stones I'd "repaired" one of the viewless point paths with.
    You've reminded me of question I keep meaning to ask.

When you sort out the brambles on your walks, what do you use? I have visions of you walking about waving a machete...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I did wonder if that was possible but am not sure. I don't know if the DRM is tied to the hardware?
      sorry, can't help.
      the only 'i' prefix i have is an iRon, and that gets little use now
      NF's an Apple fanboy, maybe he knows?

Comment

I did wonder if that was possible but am not sure. I don't know if the DRM is tied to the hardware?

Yes, it's tied to the hardware.

(BR14 - iPlayer is BBC, not Apple)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have visions of you walking about waving a machete...

Don't we all?

Comment

You've reminded me of question I keep meaning to ask.

When you sort out the brambles on your walks, what do you use? I have visions of you walking about waving a machete...
            I take a pair of secateurs with me, working on the principle that they're a little less obviously an offensive weapon than a machete.

They also fit rather well into the inside pocket of my wax jacket.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Don't we all?
            It's years since I've been up there with a rifle.

Could have shot half a dozen tree rats today if I taken one with me.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 January 2020, 13:44.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ordered a new micro PC to replace the TV PC. Turned it on to make sure it worked but not properly set it up as I have loads downloaded to iPlayer on the old kit that I want to watch first.
              Try this:

Can I change where I store my downloaded programmes (PC/Mac)? | iPlayer help
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Found some shredded chicken in the freezer, so that heated up in the microwave and stuffed in a wholemeal bap made for a nice lunch

I must have been quite organised when I froze it, as I’d remembered to date it: 4/10/19. It must be the time I used the chicken to make stock rather than soup. That stock has made extremely nice gravy for roast chicken on the occasions that I’ve remembered it’s there. Only one pot of stock left now, and no more meat, so I may do the same again with the next chicken

Comment

Oh cunning, so I could map to my NAS and then new programmes will go onto the new kit. Just need to watch all the old stuff still

Comment

I'm expecting a pallet to be delivered today (new chicken house for the 4 new girls we're getting soon).
                    OK, no it's not just a pallet, there's a flat-packed coop on it.

Anyway, the mild spitting that's been going on for the last 3 hours has just turned into torrential rain.

Pallet must be about to arrive.

Comment

I wholeheartedly apologise for any distress caused.

Of course celebrations and congratulations are welcomed, even from you. It helps reach the next milestone quicker after all.
                      I thought we were trying to reach the next millstone?

Comment

Working...
                      X