• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was from the Chinese, as usual, and very nice, as usual

One thing was not usual though. A few times over the last six weeks or so there’s been a pleasant young woman there too; I got the vague impression she was perhaps being trained up as an assistant, as she seemed to be being shown the ropes and what have you. But it turns out she is - or shortly will be - the new owner!

The current lady will continue as an assistant herself for the moment. But I fear there will be changes in the not too distant future

I assume she managed to keep off the doom and gloom about nobody having any money and business being really slow when she was negotiating the sale, reserving that for moaning at me on Saturday nights

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Dinner was from the Chinese, as usual, <snip> reserving that for moaning at me on Saturday nights

Comment

Death Wish IV: unexpected actors: this one had pointy ears: Tim Russ, and a short appearance by Danny Trejo that ended with a bit of a bang, Mitch Peleggi before the X Files.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2020, 22:11.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The soup has been harvested, yielding (after being reduced a bit because I added a little more water than needed) six generous bowlsworth

All divvied up and cooling in the kitchen now, ready to go in the fridge overnight for the flavours to develop a bit more, after which I’ll have to try and find room for them in the freezer

Comment

Sounds like Marina Sirtis and Alex Winter weren't overly impressed with Michael Winner.

Comment

Tonight’s first feature was one I started watching ages ago and decided I wasn’t in the mood for (in less than eleven minutes, it seems) but which I knew I wanted to try again when I was in the mood for something of that kind: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015). It really is exceptionally good for what it is, to wit, someone’s answer to the question “What if dystopian post-apocalyptic wasteland but also - hear me out - monster truck rally?” It’s probably supposed to be an allegory for something, but for the life of me I can’t work out what

I watched the version with actual colours but it also comes with a “black and chrome” version, which seems like something of a novelty; I might watch that one just for the sake of it sometime when I’m in the right mood

And after that, something a little more grounded and realistic: Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan (1982), because why not. I saw this on 625 line telly some time in the 1980s, but I don’t think I’ve seen it since. Much better pacing then the first one, and I hadn’t realised that Kirstie Alley got her big break playing a Vulcan before getting her even bigger break as Rebecca in Cheers.

The rain has arrived, and is persisting. Still a reported 7° out there though, and after turning the fire off before going to the Chinese, I never felt the need to turn it on again tonight. I would recklessly assert that winter is over, but the forecast is for snow a week tomorrow, so maybe I’ll just enjoy it while it lasts

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Windy.

Turns out chunks of Death Wish 3 were filmed in London.

And Marina Sirtis was the rape victim who was singularly unimpressed with being half naked in a freezing location while the auteur farted about lighting the shot.

Comment

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
                  Turned on some music to start my day
                  I lost myself in a familiar song...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

morning

grey
                    damp
                    sunday

Comment

Morning all

Was woken at about 5.40 am by something plastic bouncing and clattering about. I suspect a plant pot had fallen off the top flat's roof terrace.

Currently having coffee in bed while contemplating what to avoid doing today. Housework needs doing, namely floors and bed linen.

Comment

Working...
                      X