• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wet and windy.

meh.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

Came down to town on the bus again as a faster option with less discomfort.

I note with innerest that the bruise is appearing on the left leg with the torn muscle.

It's swollen a bit and quite a pretty colour.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Went to bed a bit later than usual last night. Was annoyed by some kind of electrical whining noise that was coming into my bedroom from the corner that I think is under the communal stairs that lead up to the main building entrance. Not something under my control, which means it's my neighbour's issue.

Luckily I have some very good ear plugs and popped those in.

Then I decided my feet were too cold for me to get to sleep so I had to get up and find my bed socks.

After all that, I fell asleep rather quickly and woke up at 10:17 per my alarm clock (which is 10:15 in real time as it gradually gains time for some reason).

Now doing a spot of work.

When I'm done with that, which won't be long, I will head over to the storage place that I investigated a few weeks ago and complete the sign up so I can clear some tat from my flat.

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Stone me it's chilly out there today, and the wind is rising.

Today's dvd acquisitions included ST: Borg Fan Collective.

Apparently Borg Tribbles are available.

<lunch hiatus>

Lunch: FFaggots a Phys, Muller fruit corner, Morrisons cheese stick, 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I do like faggots & peas, the improved version of which is almost as good as the old, unimproved version used to be, with the advantage that this last was a good deal cheaper than the new, improved version.

'Tis quite chilly it must be said.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 February 2020, 13:23.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny day out, with Simpsonesque fluffiness in the heavens

Seems quite windy though

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              God I hate funerals. Should I ever die(which would be nice but I suspect won't be for a while) just put my corpse in the rubbish and if you think of me try to be contented. Don't try to be happy as that is a false state....
              Oh great, more trundling

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                God I hate funerals. Should I ever die(which would be nice but I suspect won't be for a while) just put my corpse in the rubbish and if you think of me try to be contented. Don't try to be happy as that is a false state....
                Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Oh great, more trundling
                They'll just think he's homeless

Deaths of homeless people sleeping in bins prompt calls for action | Society | The Guardian

Man found dead in back of bin lorry in south London | UK news | The Guardian

Comment

It was a bit damp out earlier but no active precipitation.

Then I looked out and it was drying up and blue skies.

Now it's persisting it down.

Comment

Was about to go and get more logs for the fire, cause the sky was blue and the sun was shining.
                    Now it's sleeting.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Late lunch of zingy chicken and lentil soup

The soups/curries/casseroles situation in the freezer is now getting down to manageable proportions again

Comment

Working...
                      X