• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Off out later to buy a chromebook.
    Do they read punch cards and paper tape?

Comment

Chicken and barley soup for lunch

I need to free up space in the freezer for the Scotch broth I’ll be making with the remains of yesterday’s shoulder of lamb

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Chicken and barley soup for lunch

I need to free up space in the freezer for the Scotch broth I’ll be making with the remains of yesterday’s shoulder of lamb
        Out of interest, how many meals do you have stashed in the freezer?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Out of interest, how many meals do you have stashed in the freezer?
          The soups/casseroles/curries capacity is usually sixteen if I leave them all in the plastic boxes I freeze them in, twenty or more if I extract the ones that don’t fill the container and bag them separately. But at the moment I’ve got some lamb shanks taking up some of that space; they’ll be cooked later in the week. With them in the way, I’ve only got about twelve in there.

Comment

Lunch has been the last of Sundays roast pork in a sandwich between two doorstep slices of Morrisons Seeded Wholemeal Bloomer and some apple sauce. Now picking sesame seeds out of my teeth.

Waiting to hear from the Vets about how Dog is getting on.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch was a walk along the beach with The Dog (tw) followed by a sandwich.

Glorious day down here Portland William is really clear
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                In with the hoi polloi

Today's shopping expedition: two bottles of courvoisier since it was better value than the Southern Comfort.

It's antiseptic, see.

Two tubes of ibuprofen gel for The Leg.

A jar of Heinz sandwich spread for no detectable reason whatsoever other than seeing it on the shelf.

A cauliflower, mostly because I like cauliflower.

10 dvds donated to charity emporium on the stagger down (first stagger down in weeks).

I may buy some frozen peas on the way home.

The computer room is relatively empty apart from the old farts like me, and the chap teaching Universal Benefit claimants how to use a PC.

It seems a loooooong time* since I had the mistaken impression that the " symbol on the ASR33 was the same as '', which it most certainly isn't and the FORTRAN compiler told me so in no uncertain terms.

*Largely because it's 48 years ago now.
                Booze is only antiseptic if it's over 60% alcohol. As pointed out by the Septics CDC in response to people mixing vodka and aloe vera to make their own sanitiser.

False claim: Homemade hand sanitizer will protect against coronavirus - Reuters

Not had sandwich spread in years, I seem to remember that I write liked it but that it could be a little on the tart side.

Also a fan of cauliflower. Roasted and then curried particularly. The greens make a good alternative to spinach as well.

for the stagger.

Reminds me, we are out of peas and I was going to do a pea and bean risotto for dinner, so thats not happening.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  How have I never seen that smiley before?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    How have I never seen that smiley before?
                    There’s a bug in the code that randomises the smilies shown, meaning ones added to the site later never appear - you have to click on the “[More]” link to get the popup window that shows them all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      There’s a bug in the code that randomises the smilies shown, meaning ones added to the site later never appear - you have to click on the “[More]” link to get the popup window that shows them all
                      OK, that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X