• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? Like the way all those iron railings ended up dumped in the sea?
    Not just London maybe. The railings along the churchyard in my local town were removed during the war too. They cut the remains down further a few years ago as bit hazardous, line of short spikes in concrete.

That Great Wen site has some interesting stuff.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: M&S chunky breaded haddock (last chunk), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Had the fried potato again, not as good as last Friday's but acceptable enough (different spuds I suspect).

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Not just London maybe. The railings along the churchyard in my local town were removed during the war too. They cut the remains down further a few years ago as bit hazardous, line of short spikes in concrete.

That Great Wen site has some interesting stuff.
      Twas all over the country, they took the railings down around here too, so they might have ended up in the Severn.

Though with all the iron & steel works around here they could have loaded them all in the blast furnaces.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2020, 17:39. Reason: ago? I meant again just didn't type it. It's happening a lot these daze
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Not entirely sure it would be possible to the extent it's used now.

Even ClientCo was telling staff to not use the VPN for things like Teams and to only use it when they need to access stuff on ClientCo's network.
        Back in the day one used a download manager.

For those inneresting sites.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Stripped the bed, which I shall leave to air a bit in the fresh airflow from the now-opening window, and throttled the duvet back to the two-thirds 9 Tog portion
          Summer is coming!

Comment

I have been watching The Intruder (2019) - IMDb .

Only interrupted by having to do some w*r*.

Waitiag for dinner now. Vegetable curry.

Comment

Thought there was someone knocking on the door.

Turned out to be a jackdaw knocking seven bells out of something on the lean-to troughing.

Railings again:

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-h...ioned-railings
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 April 2020, 17:51.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Summer is coming!
                Wouldn’t summer be the one-third, 4.5 Tog bit? Definitely a sign of Spring, though

The bed has now been re-made, so I don’t end up realising I still haven’t done it when I go to crash out tonight

Comment

Wouldn’t summer be the one-third, 4.5 Tog bit? Definitely a sign of Spring, though

The bed has now been re-made, so I don’t end up realising I still haven’t done it when I go to crash out tonight
                  That always catches me out. Just ready to collapse and, darn it!

Comment

dinner was a toasted cheese and ham sarny.
                    serrano ham and gruyere cheese with thinly sliced wally.

very tasty indeed.

and a nice chablis.

got to keep one's strength up for all these incantations, after all.

Comment

I hate it when I try to go to bed and realize I have to do stuff when tired....

Comment

Working...
                      X