• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

The Dog (tw) has had a big walk.

Weather looking good, but I suspect indoor jobs are on the cards for today
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Loony lady 1 walk this morning. As usual, she phoned to say she would be half an hour late. Gordon Bennet, how long does it take her to hang her washing out?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Weather update

brightening up 17 degrees

Coffee #1
        Married

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out, and a balmy 22°C both outside and within

Comment

Freecell score: don't ask.

Lunch: chicken & sweetcorn soup (Heinz) with assorted Hovis, red corner yog thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely day out there. The drive to the parentals was uneventful despite all the cyclists on the A24 around Dorking. Car needed a jump start, as expected.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Couple of cold southern "fried" chicken drumsticks with a bag of plain crisps for lunch

Still a bit peckish; I might have another bag of crisps in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Freecell score: don't ask.
                    It eventually crawled all the way to 84%, running average 83% (83.1%).

Not a good day.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chestnut tree update: the tiny conkers that have started developing are now not quite so tiny; more small, really

There's also a couple of young ash trees that have sprung up along the line of the boundary with the doctor's front yard. One looks to be a couple of years older than the other, and they're both presumably descended from the large one in the front garden of next-door-but one. Maybe one day they'll inherit its tree preservation order

And finally, there's a thing I can't identify (though I know it's not an evergreen), also on the boundary but only about six or seven feet from the houses. At the start of spring this was about two or three feet below the level of my window, but it's really going for it and now is almost level - in fact, I can see the very top of it from my armchair, waving in the breeze. I reckon it'll be tall enough to start providing a little shade from the south within a year or so, in addition to partially blocking the view into the living room for people on the upper decks of buses (though they don't get much of a view, as the height of the ground floor means they're below the level of my windows anyway)

Comment

Working...
                      X