• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana sandwich for dinner
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Shopping arrived!

I stood up and saw a Sainsbury's van outside the doctor's. Got my looking-far-away glasses and my shoes, then saw that he'd unloaded and was carrying it all up the path to the doctor's front door

By the time I'd got down to the front door, he was coming back down the path of the house the other side of the doctor's

Got here in the end though…

Now to get my dinner on. Luckily it's all reheating frozen stuff tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        The land of the free and the home of the brave ...
        One down so far, shot in the chest.

You couldn't make this tulip up.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

asdfasdf

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            asdfasdf
            Om.

Comment

Tea finally happened: ribs & chips, and very nice too

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                asdfasdf

Comment

Ents was Star Trek Beyond (2016) - IMDb which I thought I'd seen but hadn't. Very entertaining.

Comment

The USA collapsing in turmoil as a mutating virus sweeps the land? Yes, tonight I watched the news I Am Legend (2007) (again), "alternate ending" version (should be "alternative"), and very good it is compared to the news

Then I noticed that the non-alternative-ending version has been upgraded to 4K HDR, so I watched that too

It's pretty bad, actually; first time I've seen a major studio make such a complete mess of what (I assume) should be a fairly simple remastering job. They've relied far too heavily on HDR, with the result that most of the film is way too dark, and you often can't tell what's going on unless you already know. Scenes that were explicitly shot in late afternoon sunlight as that appears in Manhattan, i.e. with a fair amount of shadow but still clearly in daylight, look like those old films where they shot supposed nighttime scenes by putting a dark filter over the lens but you could still see the blue sky in the background; except in those, they usually made sure you could see what was going on in the foreground too

So now, not only is the "alternate" ending version a better story, it also has the advantage of being a film you can actually see

In other news, I finally remembered to close the bedroom window and leave the door open much earlier today, so although it's down to -2°C outside, it's all the way up to 16° in here, which is the warmest it's been in this room as I've gone to bed for a week or two

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

Waiting for shopping delivery. FFS no milk.

I forgot there is a hole outside so was wondering what the noise was.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X