• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...

The Police are in the backyard now, and I didn't call them - I saw them from the kitchen window.

Given that it's a bit of a trek from the street to the yard, I think there may be something serious going on.

Back in a bit - I need to check this out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Hmmm...

The Police are in the backyard now, and I didn't call them - I saw them from the kitchen window.

Given that it's a bit of a trek from the street to the yard, I think there may be something serious going on.

What, in your back yard?

You be careful, Nick <-- (expression of concern) - and keep us posted
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Hmmm...

FFS...

After posting the above I put my shoes on, donned my jacket, popped the camera into my pocket and headed off downstairs...

... to find a copper standing in the hall

It looks like the chaps in flats 1 and 4 (and for all I know flat 2), who all know each other, have had a visit from someone with a grievance

When I came in, they were hanging around outside flat 1 - when I unlocked the front door, one of them came out of flat 1 and followed me up the stairs (not in a dodgy way, just as if he was going there) and I commented to him on the odd white stuff littering the stair carpet (I'm still not sure what that is)... but now I see that the doors to both those flats have been smashed open, and from a quick glance into 4, the place looks as if it's been trashed

The copper took notes from me about when I'd gone out, got in, what they were like (actually ideal neighbours in my view) and so forth. Noteworthy was the fact that he asked if they were into drugs... he probably noticed that I hesitated, but all I could have said is that I occasionally noticed the smell of a joint coming from their flats if the door was open as I passed.

Actually, I just went down and said that

And that a few months ago they had been bringing in equipment for a cannabis farm, which they assembled in the shed out the back and then shipped elsewhere in a van.

Oh dear, have I said too much...

Comment

I'm beginning to think I should have a go for that consultancy with the Met that I was emailed about the other day. I seem to be half way there already

Comment

FFS...

After posting the above I put my shoes on, donned my jacket, popped the camera into my pocket and headed off downstairs...

... to find a copper standing in the hall

It looks like the chaps in flats 1 and 4 (and for all I know flat 2), who all know each other, have had a visit from someone with a grievance

When I came in, they were hanging around outside flat 1 - when I unlocked the front door, one of them came out of flat 1 and followed me up the stairs (not in a dodgy way, just as if he was going there) and I commented to him on the odd white stuff littering the stair carpet (I'm still not sure what that is)... but now I see that the doors to both those flats have been smashed open, and from a quick glance into 4, the place looks as if it's been trashed

The copper took notes from me about when I'd gone out, got in, what they were like (actually ideal neighbours in my view) and so forth. Noteworthy was the fact that he asked if they were into drugs... he probably noticed that I hesitated, but all I could have said is that I occasionally noticed the smell of a joint coming from their flats if the door was open as I passed.

Actually, I just went down and said that

And that a few months ago they had been bringing in equipment for a cannabis farm, which they assembled in the shed out the back and then shipped elsewhere in a van.

Oh dear, have I said too much...
            Strewth Nick - that's some fine ol' place you live in there... Has it always been so.... exciting?
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Nick, what a fun filled night-shift you've had!

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                Strewth Nick - that's some fine ol' place you live in there... Has it always been so.... exciting?
                Not really... it's pretty dull most of the time, which is why I like it here.

It got a bit smelly about a year ago when they appeared to be doing the farming at home, but I was in London most of the time, so I wasn't bothered by it.

I was glad to see that they appeared to be doing it away from the premises this year. However it looks like they still got tracked to earth by somebody with a grievance - maybe they weren't giving a cut to the right people?

They're actually very good neighbours... not noisy (apart from the odd twenty minutes of hip-hop of an afternoon, and that only occasionally), very polite and friendly without being intrusive. I don't care that much if they're behind with their electricity bills (separate meters after all) and they've always struck me as the sort that would not only not burgle my flat, but would also intervene if somebody else tried to.

It's quite a nice place to live, actually - but apparently not for them right now

Comment

Morning all

You're not renting that place from Wilmslow are you Nick?
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Nick, what a fun filled night-shift you've had!
                    Indeed - I think Scourer though he was joking about how many more times I'd be talking to the Police tonight, but he seems to be more prophetic than anything

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Morning all

You're not renting that place from Wilmslow are you Nick?
                      I knew I shouldn't have trusted a landlord with piss on his shoes

Oh, hang on - that was you

Comment

Working...
                      X