• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New phone contract - need lots of data but not many minutes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New phone contract - need lots of data but not many minutes

Hi,

I'm thinking of updating my phone contract and need good 4G provision with lots of data. My current provider gives 240 minutes voice, which is plenty for my needs, but only 500MB data which is not enough when I'm working away (need 2GB to 4GB I think). Not looking for a posh phone with the contract, just the lowest monthly cost.

Anyone been through the mill recently and know who is providing the best/most 4G data at a keen price ?

Thanks,

Boo

3UK - unlimited 4G £18 per month on a monthly contract / £15 per month on a 12 month contract? AYCE-minutes
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Looked here?
      SIM Only | EE

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
        3UK - unlimited 4G £18 per month on a monthly contract / £15 per month on a 12 month contract? AYCE-minutes
        This ^^

Are you sure you need 4G specifically? The speed of the latest 3G implementations is close to the current state of 4G contrary to the carriers ads. In any case you will only notice the difference if you are downloading a lot and for that you need unlimited data which is ridiculously overpriced by most carriers.

Comment

Who are you with currently? My Vodafone contract was up in November. I asked for PAC code and their retention team called me within 2 hours offering me a deal.

I took a SIM only as my phone is fine.

12 month contract. 4G, 4MB of data, unlimited for 3 months. unlimited texts and calls. 3 months free spotify, sky sports or netflix. £13.50 per month (reduced from £27 I think).

Comment

Three seem to have the best deals, and as long as you're not bothered about actually getting a signal, I'd definitely recommend them.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I have been using 3 for ages, on a £15/month One Plan that I have managed to hang on to.
              4G data is available (and included for no extra charge) in Bournemouth area where I live, and London where I generally seem to be working. Unlimited data, more minutes than I know what to do with and decent signal pretty much consistently. Not only that, but Three let you continue using your allowance in a growing number of countries, certainly the ones that I have travelled to lately, which is awesome
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Bear in mind that 3 now limit tethered data to 2gb a month. I got mine before they applied that clause - phew!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Bear in mind that 3 now limit tethered data to 2gb a month. I got mine before they applied that clause - phew!
                  Mine is 4GB on tethering?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Mine is 4GB on tethering?
                    Not sure JB was going with Three but he threw a wobbler at this when he found out!

Could be 4gb, I know mines unlimited.

Comment

Working...
                    X