• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

webhosting, preferrably cheap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables
    ta, they do look good, have you used them before? just wondering what their support is like?

Tony
    I have a business root server with them, so a little more than just plain web hosting. First issue I had was not dealt with well, as the monkey on the support line was clueless. However, once it was passed to a techie with some skills it was all good.

Their web admin portal is very good to. Overall, very pleased.
    mmmmm stella

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
      Well I would pimp my offering but we don't supply site builders.

That being said, you can download some very good newbie freindly open source programs available for building websites, I wuld suggest she have a look at some of them as they have a lot more functionality than your standard site builder.
      Sitebuilder from swsoft.com is pretty good, downloadable version allows you to host/create one domain. This is the thing 1and1 use and i suspect many other hosting companies.. dead easy to use, even my old man managed to knock up a site in it!
      mmmmm stella

Comment

thanks for the ideas so far,

The sitebuilder at 1and1.co.uk is the type of thing she uses at the moment and would do the job nicely, it'd cost £28 for a year.

I had thought about doing myself with a free CMS (I've used joomla, phpwcms, phpwebsite in the past) and at those hosting prices this is another option.

cheers,
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X