What tech are/have you put time into researching/learning recently? What tech are/have you put time into researching/learning recently? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 44

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    Also, having "watched" the Apple Watch 4 release yesterday, I think I'm about to develop my first IOS app
    What's the app?

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Wordpress.

Might not be new tech, but it means that my company can do work for small businesses that want their sites updated from Frontpage, Dreamweaver and Flash. It's also work that can be done in a hotel room when I'm tired of working for a main client.
    It will never pay the bills for me, but it might pay for the odd toy.
    Doing work for small software house and their client along with writing an application wanted someone to take care of their wp site. It's a good way to gain rep with the end client and getting more work out of them.

Also, it can be a nice earner if you host a few of these in the cloud. I think the software house is charging £250pm for hosting and basic support.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    What's the app?
    Probably a random number generator. That was my first example script I created (well, copy/pasted) - stick to what I know
    Last edited by Spoiler; 13th September 2018 at 17:19.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm researching Blazor (cause it's new) and Azure. Also, putting some time into MySQL because of client work.
    Blazor has been on my radar since I saw this post last year. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

It's finally moved from 'experimental' to 'preview' status so will officially ship in a future release of .Net Core.

Blazor Graduates from Experiment to Preview -- Visual Studio Magazine

I'm so looking forward to finally closing the lid on the snakepit of Javascript frameworks and libraries. Using C# and Razor for client-side web application development, including SPA, and all that promises* is going to be worth the wait.

*From end to end development integration (including debugging) within Visual Studio with C# code on client and server for things like TDD, Validation, cross-project library standardisation and Razor component/templates, to being hostable on Azure Storage as static web files, using Azure Functions for 'Azure serverless web applications', which I see as being a big thing when the cost savings are realised for restricted access web applications where resource planning and therefore costing will be predictable. All managed via Azure Devops. Bring it on.

Have grabbed the recently released 2019 version of Visual Studio and will be playing around with Blazor and the above so I can say I've x months/years experience of it on my CV when clients want those skills.

Edit: This link is a great starting point for all things Blazor:

GitHub - AdrienTorris/awesome-blazor: A collection of awesome Blazor resources.
    Last edited by Hobosapien; 20th April 2019 at 09:35.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Super poster

New to me, "Linq". Simple to use. Just what I needed for my current task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    A DVD player

however much I try, I can't get to grips with understanding thread cutting on my Myford lathe, so I resort to using dies instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Culps67 View Post
    I’m doing the last exam for MCSE Mobility. Very strange cert title as it’s all about deploying Operating Systems and Apps via SCCM/MDT.
    "Operating Systems"

no ZoS then!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Wot PTG said.

One wot is region free so I can watch the 5 region 1 dvds I possess.

Oh, and I investigated the theory that washing dvds in Fairy Liquid(tm) stops them skipping.

The the dvd in question, it appears that it does.

Though it did take undiluted Fairy Liquid(tm) to do it successfully.

Other than that, Z80 FORTRAN, it's the coming thing.
    "FORTRAN"

gosh, I tinkered with Fortran over 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Currently re-reading 'Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance'[.
    To keep my carb tuning skills up to date
    try getting the clutch on a Triumph T160V to work correctly when you've been supplied the wrong friction plate!

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Balancing 2 twin choke Webers is my worst car experience, but four keihins can be fun, too.............
    I only have singles, twins and triples to deal with