WFH Web meeting kit WFH Web meeting kit
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32

Nervous Newbie

Default WFH Web meeting kit

Seeing as I'm now spending many hours a week working from home in Teams, Zoom or Skype meetings, I was thinking of pimping my web meeting kit - something that I can plug into either laptop.
    The lighting is pretty poor is in here, so I've either got the option of dim daylight or shiny reflections coming off my forehead with the light on... With winter approaching this will only get worse....
    Is there a natty combined lighting (ring type?) / webcam / microphone / speaker set up on the market which would only take up one USB port?
    Any recommendations?

Double Godlike!

Nervous Newbie

Yes, that's the sort of thing... Thank you

My post count is Majestic

I've got the logitec C920 and I get black lines due to the Led G10s I've got. I've ma aged to changed the refresh to 60hz which wasn't straightforward but it's not much better.
    Can't believe they are selling kit that struggles with Led lighting. Really disappointed with it as it wasnt cheap either.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Checking through the reviews the C920 is still getting picked as best of the best. It should be able to work with a simple light reasonably effortlessly...
    The Razer Kiyo with built in light looks like the right bit of kit for me. I'll read up on the options - and of course, see how much I can spend

TykeLike

More times than not, an improvement in lighting will be much better than just a camera upgrade
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    More times than not, an improvement in lighting will be much better than just a camera upgrade
    Excellent point!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    ^^ This.

Try it out. The difference is amazing. Even with a laptop's webcam.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I've got the logitec C920 and I get black lines due to the Led G10s I've got. I've ma aged to changed the refresh to 60hz which wasn't straightforward but it's not much better.
    Can't believe they are selling kit that struggles with Led lighting. Really disappointed with it as it wasnt cheap either.
    Have you upgraded to the "Logitech Capture" software?

It's a bit resource heavy, but it has a number of excellent features that the stock software doesn't.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Excellent point!
    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    ^^ This.

Try it out. The difference is amazing. Even with a laptop's webcam.
    Being a part time photographer I use my backup DSLR and a lighting rig as my web cam, excellent image quality but then I realised I look like a yeti as I've not had a haircut or trimmed by beard in 7 months so thought why try polishing a turd
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius