New facebook, ugh New facebook, ugh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,079

    Default New facebook, ugh

    The new Facebook just hit my browser and my God, it's horrible. Billed as clean and light, they've made it so each post takes up my entire (very large) monitor. Seems mainly they've blown images up far larger? It's like FaceBook for the elderly.
    I've already attacked it with AdBlock to remove the pointless "stories" top-bar that was eating 20% of the space, but I seem to recall there are ways to monkey with individual sites/pages?
    Not sure if this is worse because I have a high-res monitor (QHD) - I thought Mac was better at this?

    Of course lots of people are off FB these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    The new Facebook just hit my browser and my God, it's horrible. Billed as clean and light, they've made it so each post takes up my entire (very large) monitor. Seems mainly they've blown images up far larger? It's like FaceBook for the elderly.
    I've already attacked it with AdBlock to remove the pointless "stories" top-bar that was eating 20% of the space, but I seem to recall there are ways to monkey with individual sites/pages?
    Not sure if this is worse because I have a high-res monitor (QHD) - I thought Mac was better at this?

    Of course lots of people are off FB these days.
    Sorry, Face what?
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  3. #3

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    Sorry, Face what?

    It's like CUK, but with fewer extreme views and more contractors.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  4. #4

    Banned


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Home countyshire
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    The new Facebook just hit my browser and my God, it's horrible. Billed as clean and light, they've made it so each post takes up my entire (very large) monitor. Seems mainly they've blown images up far larger? It's like FaceBook for the elderly.
    I've already attacked it with AdBlock to remove the pointless "stories" top-bar that was eating 20% of the space, but I seem to recall there are ways to monkey with individual sites/pages?
    Not sure if this is worse because I have a high-res monitor (QHD) - I thought Mac was better at this?

    Of course lots of people are off FB these days.
    Yup... its utter tosh.

    I only use phone / iPad for it now... the one exception I stumble across yesterday was needing to become and admin of a group - had to do it via the PC.

    M

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,079

    Default

    Amusing as it is how any mention of FB draws a crowd of people who love to tell everyone they don't use it, this isn't really the place - self congratulation is better posted in General
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjcp View Post
    Yup... its utter tosh.

    I only use phone / iPad for it now... the one exception I stumble across yesterday was needing to become and admin of a group - had to do it via the PC.

    M
    I think I may have to do the same. Shame as I actually use it for proper conversations and can't be doing with a phone screen for typing

    Adblock has been helpful though. Hid some parts of the page entirely
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  7. #7

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Amusing as it is how any mention of FB draws a crowd of people who love to tell everyone they don't use it, this isn't really the place - self congratulation is better posted in General

    Oh, I'm not saying I don't use it.

    As for the new layout, is this the one they introduced a couple of months ago, or are they doing something even newer/worse?

    I'm currently using it in dark mode on safari.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Dark Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    the post-apocalyptic wasteland
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying I don't use it.

    As for the new layout, is this the one they introduced a couple of months ago, or are they doing something even newer/worse?

    I'm currently using it in dark mode on safari.
    Dark mode is a big improvement.

    Not really noticed any other issues with it.. Except... I'm sure I don't always get notifications now (checked the settings for various groups and they are still set to notify).
    Do what thou wilt

  9. #9

    Super poster

    fullyautomatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gaul
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    I always use it off my phone but did try to use on the PC recently and it was appalling! I completely agree that they have bastardised it
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

  10. #10

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    33,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying I don't use it.

    As for the new layout, is this the one they introduced a couple of months ago, or are they doing something even newer/worse?

    I'm currently using it in dark mode on safari.
    I only got it last week, though it might be different people got it different times?

    FWIW the phone version is actually really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •