• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IDE restrictions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDE restrictions...

Chaps, am configuring new disk with strange results...

What are the restrictions for having 2 disks and a CDROM drive on IDE0/1? (in terms of master/slave options)

When I put the second disk as secondary master it stops recognising the primary boot disk???!!!

The new disk is 80gb....

disks ?

OK,

more info needed - what was the config - which disks on which controllers, and what is it now.

does the mother board support 80gb disks ? does the disk allow you you alter its presented interface ? (number of heads, 32gb clip etc?)

Are you using an 80 or a 40 cable ? are the device jumpers set to master / slave or cable select ?

Comment

it depends on partitioning -- make sure you dont have 2 primary active partitions on 2 hard drives. Check jumpers on drivers as well, you might have missed something silly like its still slave but u stuck it as a master, it seems to me the partiioning is the problem tho.

p.s. I have 7 IDE devices in my system, 5 of which are HDDs

Comment

Working...
      X