• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

**Help**Deleted Partition**

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Help**Deleted Partition**

Hi,
    Do any of you guys know of the best software avail that would retreive data from a deleted partition on an external HD, obviously nothing too expensive but does the job and is quite easy to use.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

Many thanks
    Gman

http://www.r-studio.com/ saved me my bakon (sp?) once. They have a demo version that I think you can use to see if you can recover data, and then you will pay in knowledge the job can be done, price is cheap too (if you value your data).

Comment

Was it the partition with the special videos on it?

Comment

I believe Milan can assist you with tape backup solutions in case of future mishaps.

Comment

A quick Google and behold:

http://www.partition-recovery.com/

Comment

Thanks guys for all your ideas and input.

Zeitghost : Partition Magic doesn't recover just re-sizes etc, its 3 NTFS partitions on an external HD

AtW: Thanks for the idea, I'll look them up and see what they/it can do for me.

RandyW : One of the partitions did have "the special" video's on it although most of the data was very personal, deceased family pics and documents etc.

Clippy : thanks for the idea, but not sure that this would help me as its for an external HD and not a bootable partition.

Any more ideas would be very helpful, many thanks again.

Gman

Comment

Clippy: I stand corrected, the software does do external HD's will tray and let you guys know my findings.

Many thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X