• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24" monitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For most (non-media) work, any cheap thing with decent res is probably fine. Doesn't matter if the color is not 100% accurate when you're typing a requirements doc. For a business-only PC, I'd want inches (and pixels) - screen real estate.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      For most (non-media) work, any cheap thing with decent res is probably fine. Doesn't matter if the color is not 100% accurate when you're typing a requirements doc. For a business-only PC, I'd want inches (and pixels) - screen real estate.
      Having been subjected to a few cheap low quality screens I would say that there are definitely some cheaper screens out there that you don't want to buy. The reason for bigger panels being so cheap is primarily due to the growth of LCD TVs which are designed to be viewed from a distance, and when you sit up close to one on a desk the uneven appearance due to the viewing angles at the edge being extreme, uneven backlighting and so on that you might not notice on a TV picture mean they are actually quite hard on your eyes. They are fine for a few hours of internet surfing or youtube but you really wouldn't want to sit in front of one for a full days work.

The electronics can make a difference as well. I would definitely avoid one that didn't have a digital input, the image quality is (usually) noticeably better. Before I got my current one (samsung, fairly decent) I bought a different (too cheap to pass up, or so it seemed) one that I actually returned because although it had digital inputs it would only support it's native resolution via the analogue input and the image quality via the analogue input was so bad that text was literally unreadable. Don't shop at maplins even if you need it that day is the moral of that particular story

Something else to think is whether the stand is adjustable so that you can get the height right and so on to avoid neck strain / backache. You might not think it's worth an extra £30 or whatever but even if you're only going to be in front of it one day a week it's money well spent IMO.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X