• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS3 + Cinavia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    When converting with IVI, do you lose quality? can you connect to a media server on a windows 7 PC (TVersity) with it?
    It converts it to mp4 - H.264 I think? Looks cock-on to me on iPad. Dunno bout TVersity, it's all via iTunes.

Comment

I used DivX Convertor, Not free though, to convert MKV/AC3 to AVI.

Edit : This will not solve the Cinavia problem.

My PS3 is purely for Bluray use, don't like controllers.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 2 April 2012, 08:18.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

When you hit sound issues, put the PS3 date forward a year

It's a good workaround for now
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          When you hit sound issues, put the PS3 date forward a year

It's a good workaround for now
          Might try that later, ta. the problem i then have is the streaming and resuming, not starting from the beginning... Is that due to the media server software (TVersity)?
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

There is only Sony that do it AFAIK... They have now lost my custom forever. Im getting sick the control people are trying to put in place.
            Not just Sony:
            Cinavia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

D'urrr Of course it wont play Xbox, I bought a wii for that!!

Its the fact that they are applying security to something which has been unlocked forever... Why is no one else doing it?

The fact its a media centre and can be controlled with a remote type device is the draw, a PC / Laptop means you have to control it from machine. The answer is actually a media centre extender, however these are in rare supply and also I need them to play MKV as everything i watch is HD... Suggestions? Cheap as, but something that will work...
              you don't need to convert the files, the PS3 can read the contents of a MKV file but not in an MKV container.
              The MKV file just needs remuxing into an MP4 file and takes a matter of seconds. I use:
              mkv2vob Forums
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                you don't need to convert the files, the PS3 can read the contents of a MKV file but not in an MKV container.
                The MKV file just needs remuxing into an MP4 file and takes a matter of seconds. I use:
                mkv2vob Forums
                Always struggled to get that to work for me... TSMuxer constantly crashes. Plus i dont want to download a film, then have to fiddle, I want to just play it. I may be asking too much though...

Comment

Always struggled to get that to work for me... TSMuxer constantly crashes. Plus i dont want to download a film, then have to fiddle, I want to just play it. I may be asking too much though...
                  if you're using something like utorrent then you should be able to mux automatically after it downloads using the post download events, copy it to a directory you have tversity pointed at and then allow it to be picked up when the library refreshes.

If it was something I did more often then I would probably do it but the only downloading I do is TV shows to watch during the week on the laptop.

It would be nice if the PS3 would just play the sodding MKV files though
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    if you're using something like utorrent then you should be able to mux automatically after it downloads using the post download events, copy it to a directory you have tversity pointed at and then allow it to be picked up when the library refreshes.

If it was something I did more often then I would probably do it but the only downloading I do is TV shows to watch during the week on the laptop.

It would be nice if the PS3 would just play the sodding MKV files though
                    I'm a newsgroup person, so using the free software which all seem to be around 15yrs old and not had an update since!

I mostly download TV, as the recent spate of films released on bluray have been tulipe... Last year was tulip for films! Hopefully the new NAS coming today will solve the issue... probably not tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X