• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone 5 pictures leaked (yeah I no not really new news but....)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Could be that losing Steve Jobs has left Apple impotent, and they may have lost the balls to take risks or not have the vision they once had. Tim (sic) will tell.
    From what I hear Cook is more of a risk taker than Jobs, Jobs always refused to do an iPad Mini where as Cook is open to the idea, although not sure how they can compete with the likes of the Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire at a price point of $200
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think they're relying on the apps ecosystem they have in place and also on the previous success of the iPad in general, strange thing is I heard that Apple were very strict in regards to how big an area they needed for touch devices which is why Jobs would never allow a 7 inch version as it presented massive problems. I'll be interested to see how they have gotten around this.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        That is an i4s with a case. No way would Apple produce a product with such a chunky bezzel.
        I agree, that looks nothing like an Apple design. The join between the bezel and the screen is very wrong, looks like someone has glued some tin onto a 4S in metalwork class. I doubt even an Apple initial rough prototype would look like that.

It'll have to be something special though as i've wavered over a Galaxy S3 a few times now so i'm hoping the 5 will have a comparable screen size, not just a couple of cm taller.

Comment

IMO the ipad mini is a wrong turn.

I dont want a phone and a small device or to hold a 7 inch device up to my ear to make calls and I think blue tooth headphones make you look like a dork.
          I travel with my ipad (kids call it my electronic teddy bear) but it works I have everything I need at my fingers and thats good enough,

The two devices (phone and pad) are set up with the right distance in terms of screen and function. a mini would poo all over the place.

The 4s is fine in terms of size and use.

All apple need is a new killer app, and to pound google into the dark ages for stealing the whole IOS product. I have seen nothing from android that convinces me that its not a pig with lipstick...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I agree, I'm pretty open to giving any new tech a shot but simply don't see where a 7" device would sit. Too big to fit in my pocket and a bit too small to watch tv/video on. The 10" iPad is the sweet spot for media consumption, use mine loads for video and its the perfect size for that. Screen size comparable with the S3/One X seems the sweet spot for web/mail on the move.

Comment

I dont want a phone and a small device or to hold a 7 inch device up to my ear to make calls and I think blue tooth headphones make you look like a dork.
              I travel with my ipad (kids call it my electronic teddy bear) but it works I have everything I need at my fingers and thats good enough,

The two devices (phone and pad) are set up with the right distance in terms of screen and function. a mini would poo all over the place.

The 4s is fine in terms of size and use.

All apple need is a new killer app, and to pound google into the dark ages for stealing the whole IOS product. I have seen nothing from android that convinces me that its not a pig with lipstick...
              The iPhone is only fine in terms of size if you have an iPad as well to do a lot of the stuff that requires a bigger screen, compared to the 4-5" devices that are out its frustrating tapping away on a 3.5" screen no matter how pretty it is. Its almost as if Apple want a few people to carry two devices, rather than the google route of one killer device for all purposes

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The iPhone is only fine in terms of size if you have an iPad as well to do a lot of the stuff that requires a bigger screen, compared to the 4-5" devices that are out its frustrating tapping away on a 3.5" screen no matter how pretty it is. Its almost as if Apple want a few people to carry two devices, rather than the google route of one killer device for all purposes
                I carry the two they are mutually exclusive.

Comment

I carry the two they are mutually exclusive.
                  My point exactly, they are two separate markets so why try and combine the two?

Comment

Even if it is the iPhone 5 I won't mind, I think the 4S is pretty much perfect in size, it feels good in the hand and has an impressive solid feel.

Even my Android-shagging mate took a hold of mine (phone not dick) and said, 'wow, feels nice, like a Rolex' - whereas his Galaxy S2 is plastic POS to me. Dunno what the S3 is like to hold. Tactile is good, tho, I love fondling my 4S, my missuses bum, the thumb grips on my car steering wheel, the nech on my lamented '73 Rickenbacker 360/12 in rare Burgundy, I had the serial registered with Rickenbacker, but I lost it and they lost the records.....

God I miss that guitar.....

Comment

That's not going to happen anytime soon, Chrome recently overtook IE as the most popular browser in the world and then there's the fact they are the worlds most used search engine
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X