• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S,D and/or C = Fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I think this offers a balanced perspective. I don't think SDC is the main issue here or even a wholly negative change. Rather, it's the risk of the client as gatekeeper of whatever tests are implemented, without an incentive to have a professional review and determination on that basis (versus a blanket inside determination).
    Brilliant article.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Based on the discussion so far, it would seem that those careful contractors should continue to be careful and all will be good. Some useful additional points on that link about insurance.

I don't gather emails/notes from previous clients as evidence of working practices, does anyone and what sort of info would be useful?
    What happens to those contractors who are not legally allowed to remove material from a secured site?
    Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Isn't it enough just to have a clause in the contract which states the client has no right of SDC?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Isn't it enough just to have a clause in the contract which states the client has no right of SDC?
        The client will always have the right to SDC, what would be needed in the contract in my opinion is a clause saying that the contractor has the right to cancel the contract if SDC is imposed.

I see it as no different to hiring a plumber. As the client paying the bill I will always have the right to tell the plumber what to do and how to do it (subject to regulations), but the plumber will always have the right to tell me to get stuffed and that he will either do it his way or walk.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          In which contract? If it's the one between you and an agency then no; if it's the one between the agency and a client, it might be but I can't see the client signing it
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            In which contract? If it's the one between you and an agency then no; if it's the one between the agency and a client, it might be but I can't see the client signing it
            And even if they did, if the wording of the contract differed from the reality of the situation then it's a moot point anyway.

FWIW, I don't think many clients would be willing to waive their right to supervision, direction or control for the duration of the contract - I'm sure there are some out there that would, but very few in the area that I work in.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X