• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies want SDC for all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The quote is Lisa's comment on the LinkedIn post.
    Odd, I couldn't find it when I searched. In any case, I'm pretty sure that's tongue in cheek (i.e. not being advocated); Lisa has argued the case against SDC (with me on the opposite side), but she's right that it would tie things together and that's where all this started (i.e. SDC is already used in other legislation). It's your smiley that threw me, as though Lisa was making a principled case for SDC or something...perhaps I misunderstood though.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Odd, I couldn't find it when I searched
      How strange - here it is:

Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Linkedin threading leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

How strange - here it is:

Thanks. Just used a keyword search, but it was a collapsed thread.

Anyway, Lisa can answer for herself, but it would be odd if she's changed her opinion on SDC; I don't think she has.

Obviously, the comment is factually correct though. It would tie things together; that's what anyone arguing against SDC is up against. I think the main battle is elsewhere, as I've said many times before, namely with the clients deciding under duress of liability (i.e. "false employment"); in that sense, the criteria of SDC vs. IR35 is moot.

Comment

Yes, but not content with that, the brollies seem to want to change the definition of IR35 to shaft those left behind.
            We are under the impression that even if working through a brolly, if the contractor is shown not to be under SDC (and probably will have to be declared by the end client), then there is the opportunity for T&S to be claimed under self assessment at the end of the year - but here's hoping today may give us all some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              We are under the impression that even if working through a brolly, if the contractor is shown not to be under SDC (and probably will have to be declared by the end client), then there is the opportunity for T&S to be claimed under self assessment at the end of the year - but here's hoping today may give us all some answers.
              How does that tie into the idea that IR35 should be changed to SDC only, which is what Lisa posted?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

How does that tie into the idea that IR35 should be changed to SDC only, which is what Lisa posted?
                IMO, based upon some of her previous posts, Lisa believes we are all under SDC but just won't admit it.

Her business is also under threat.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  IMO, based upon some of her previous posts, Lisa believes we are all under SDC but just won't admit it.

Her business is also under threat.
                  If they create a new test (ESI) based on SDC, even a bloody plumber would theoretically be under SDC

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
                    If they create a new test (ESI) based on SDC, even a bloody plumber would theoretically be under SDC
                    Fear not - HMRC have brought in Oracle to build the new ESI tool
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Well, seems like a couple of MPs are doing something...

MP's rally against T & S restrictions - Contractor Weekly
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X