• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC off payroll decision service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
    So are you saying you think some will use this as somewhat of a USP to differentiate themselves from other agencies ?
    I thought it was the end client who were responsible for determining this...not the agency

So PS body have a requirement. They determine that the role is inside ir35 and put it out to the agencies. The agency would have to advertise it as being inside IR35. If they advertised it as outside then surely that would be fraud and also questions would be asked as soon as the first payment is made less the taxes
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      I thought it was the end client who were responsible for determining this...not the agency
      It is ...now. At the time I wrote that everyone thought it would be the agency that made the decision

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post

So PS body have a requirement. They determine that the role is inside ir35 and put it out to the agencies. The agency would have to advertise it as being inside IR35. If they advertised it as outside then surely that would be fraud and also questions would be asked as soon as the first payment is made less the taxes
        Why would the agency have to advertise it as one or the other?
        They'll just play dumb and hope whoever applies doesn't know or care the difference.

If a gig is definitely outside they'll be sure to advertise that though.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Why would the agency have to advertise it as one or the other?
          They'll just play dumb and hope whoever applies doesn't ask.

If a gig is definitely outside they'll be sure to advertise that though.
          FTFY
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I am testing the new tool tomorrow at HMRC, any requests?
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              Please hand it over to the testers on here. Believe me, we will find something wrong to delay it!

Comment

Would be interesting to understand how the Q weighting works. Ie do all 55 have to be a y or n to be outside, or is it weighted (like the BETs were )?

Also would be interesting to see from your view the chance of ever being outside (slim I suspect )

Comment

What I've seen of it (FTAOD, only what's been posted in the public domain), MOO isn't covered.
                  Last edited by mudskipper; 8 December 2016, 23:18.

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
                    Would be interesting to understand how the Q weighting works. Ie do all 55 have to be a y or n to be outside, or is it weighted (like the BETs were )?

Also would be interesting to see from your view the chance of ever being outside (slim I suspect )
                    If you look at the CSVs on the links that were posted, there is a matrix of combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      If you look at the CSVs on the links that were posted, there is a matrix of combinations.
                      A lot of the combinations seem to give an intermediate result of 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High'. How these are treated might be nice to know as well as how likely the tool is to give a definitive In/Out answer rather than some kind of inconclusive.

Someone else mentioned MOO. That's a point as well.... Didn't see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X