• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor looking for reliable umbrellas - Giant Group?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contractor looking for reliable umbrellas - Giant Group?

Hi,

I am soon to enter into contracting and this forum has been HUGELY helpful in the lead up to this as it's deterred me from using these "80%+" companies.

I have had email correspondence with Giant, and will call Contractor Umbrella today...

Can anyone give any feedback on Giant? Do they have good service and comms? I am particularly interested in Giant as they offer a Giant Advantage package which includes tax-free car leasing, cycle to work schemes etc., whereas it doesn't seem as though Contractor Umbrella does?

Or does everyone here go with Contractor Umbrella?

Cheers!

Hi there.

Contractor Umbrella has a good reputation on here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

GIANT

I used GIANT a few years back and they lost my significant travel expenses in thousands twice and and they kept ignoring my requests. I had to take them to court but on advise from an accountant was able to gain significant tax relief to cover this. Never went near them again.

Comment

Contractor Umbrella without a doubt. Did a good job when I was with them. I didn't bother with the benefits you mention but they have a good pension option so you can put what you want in.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was forced to use them a while back and ended up in hot water with HMRC, the have been caught rolling up holiday pay amongst other things avoid

Comment

Hi srogers13
            Happy to have a chat if you haven't already spoken to someone. No such scheme's this end as not sure that these wouldn't fall under the T&S Legislation which would stop the tax free element of them - unless they are doing somethign different

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              Hi srogers13
              Happy to have a chat if you haven't already spoken to someone. No such scheme's this end as not sure that these wouldn't fall under the T&S Legislation which would stop the tax free element of them - unless they are doing somethign different
              Thanks Lucy. Currently in conversations with my previous company about whether I go onto their payroll for a short term or come under an umbrella. I'll be sure to speak to you when I know more.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by srogers13 View Post
                Thanks Lucy. Currently in conversations with my previous company about whether I go onto their payroll for a short term or come under an umbrella. I'll be sure to speak to you when I know more.

Cheers
                Not a problem, just let me know.

Comment

Don't near Giant, they define incompetence.

Comment

Do not use Giant

They are the least professional ,most dishonest , incompetent and expensive. Avoid . At all cost's

Comment

Working...
                    X