• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running a Limited Company for short-term intermittent contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 changes in March 2016

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    Even if you're paying only salary, IR35 will still be important after April 2016, as you will not be allowed to claim travel and subsistence expenses if you're operating inside IR35 - so you will need to make an IR35 decision even if paying all your profit at PAYE.
    Wow !
    Thank you very much for this teapot418 !
    I have just looked this up and also spent time trying to understand more about IR35 (which clearly I only had a superficial understanding of before).
    If I look at the sort of work I was envisaging based on my recent experience, I think it is more than likely that I will be working under Supervision, Control and Direction (SDC) as defined my HMRC and as far as I can tell, that means that I will not be able to claim expenses for travel and subsistence whether I am PAYE and a director of my Ltd Company or going through an umbrella company.
    Do you agree ?

Comment

Working...
    X