• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello there...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I go to any interview graciously providing the (potential) client with one hours free consultancy. This mainly involves listening to them and asking the right questions.

Works for me
    Tis true, focus on the role they want you to fill ask questions about the role/project/system, what can you do for them and tell them how they will benefit by using you, forget everything else

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      If it is public sector being suited and booted in a pinstripe suit complete with tie, cufflinks etc will not tick the 'team fit' box with the two tank top wearing inverviewers.
      Disagree. It depends on which bit of public sector, of course, but having done lots of work with central government, I would never consider not wearing a suit, tie, cufflinks etc. for an interview with them.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My best interview (current gig) started with them saying "I'll tell you about all the problems we've got, and then you can tell me whether you'd be interested in helping to fix them".

The only questions were when could I start and was I planning any time off.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X